• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame.io keyboard shortcut doesn't work

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Frame.io panel in Premiere quite a bit so I set up a keyboard shortcut (Shift+3) and removed the previous shortcut that was associated with that key. 

But it doesn't work. I can press Shift+1 for the project panel, Shift+5 for Effects Controls, etc... but for some reason the Frame.io panel doesn't open when I hit the shortcut I created. 

Any idea why? Is it just an obscure bug?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the shortcuts are "panel focus dependent" ... meaning they only work in some panels, not others. I haven't checked to see if that's the case for  that one ... but check in the keyboard in the keyboard shortcuts dialog for whether that shows on the keyboard as affecting all panels or is only active in some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut is listed under Application > Window > Review with Frame.io. At the bottom of the keyboard shortcuts window, it says, "Application shortcuts (purple) are active regardless of panel focus." So I don't think that is the issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't have time to check this out at the shop today. Hopefully Monday I can. You might well have a buggy bit here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this out on my machine and can confirm there's something funny going on. I mapped the "Review with Frame io" panel to Shift+7 and then when I tried it I got the expected result, the panel highlighted and became active. Then I moved to another panel and then high Shift+7 to go pack to the frame io panel nothing happened; it wouldn't activate. I then went back and deleted the keyboard shortcut and then added it again. I got the same result, the Review Panel would activate and then stop activating after some use. @calebb1677722 you might add this to the UserVoice forum https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it show in the keyboard for that 7 key in the keyboard shortcuts panel?

As it sounds like it's applying that key short from certain panel "focus" states but not others. On the key, you will see that split color thing. Hover over and it gives you a 'tooltip' showing the various uses of that key in various panels.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just picked the 7 key at random to mimic the OP's workflow. I switched to using a Function key that isn't bound to anything in the default keyboard shortcuts and I had the same results. The Review panel would open and activate on first use and then after that, it would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a couple minutes, tested this on a PC laptop. Confirmed with multiple key-shorts attempted.

Normally doesn't work, but IF you use the menu item to open the Frame.io panel, then close it ... in that workspace ... you can use the keyshort.

However, change the workspace, and it won't activate the panel. Go back to the workspace you were using, now it won't work.

Yup, definitely a BUG. File the sucker.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your input and troubleshooting on this... I must've stopped getting notifications from this thread at some point, but just pulled it up today as I was thinking about it (since it is still impeding my workflow...) 

I feel very basic but I cannot figure out how to report this as a bug. I found this post but it simply says "create a new discussion and mark it as a bug report"... Is there some special "mark as bug" button on this post that I just cannot find? Or do I need to duplicate my OP and then I will be able to file it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the reply area is a choice between Discussions, Ideas, Bugs. I've moved it to bugs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Neil!

Votes

Translate