• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame.io Problem — I can see the comments but not the video, just "Preparing Media For Web."

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with the Frame.io panel, I can see the comments but not the video, just "Preparing Media For Web" forever.

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 01.05.57.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edo75,

How long is your video? What pixel size? My very short sample and one that is 3:25 worked fine.

The steps I see are Rendering timeline, uploading, generating thumbnail, and preparing for web. While the "preparing for web" is acting, there are big dots moving to show action. Once the "preparing" message is gone, the video appears to load (progress bar), but no video appears until I click the play button.

The rendering and uploading seemed slow. Only a 20MB file, but took 2 minutes to upload.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed I have the issue when accessing the video the fist time via the notification button (the bolt icon). I have to access the video at least one time via the My Projects folder at left to make it works.

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 16.00.51.png

I have another little issue though. With some videos in the web plateform it's normal like here one video with 3 versions but in CC Frame.io panel I see 2 videos, the one with the 3 versions (ok) but also the first version alone, it's a little confusing. 

web:

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 16.13.14.png

CC panel:

Screenshot 2022-04-17 at 16.52.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remember what happened before you got the ghost version in Frame.io? Our QA is trying to replicate this right now, but we're having trouble finding reproducable steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've got some issue with the mechanism that updates that page during transcoding. It may be a while until we're able to fix that particular issue. In the meantime, you should be able to leave the player page and come back to see the clip show up in the player.\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem today using Frame.io inside Premiere Pro.  Two videos were versioned and they played fine last week.  Today one plays (version2) but the other (version1) was stuck with the "Preparing Media for Web" message.   If I logged in to my account through a browser, both videos played fine.  I went back inside Premiere Pro to the versioned videos, hovered over the stacked videos to bring up the Item Options menu, went down and selected unversion.  This separated the two videos back out, they both played fine and then I placed the 2nd version video back on top of version one to stack them again and now both videos are playing fine.   Not sure if this is the right way to solve this issue but it worked for me this time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines