• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame substitution and AEvideofilter errors and no real solution to be found anywhere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've been editing some music videos for a while, and since a week ago my Premiere Pro been acting up... Everything feels slower like even making a video clip shorter in the timeline isn't instant. Also when im editing every 5 to 10 min I get an error with Frame substitution error and everything goes black except for sound and if I want to start color grading in LumetriColor I get a "low expectation error" or AEvideofilter error. Then when I wanna close the program it starts to freeze, so i have to Force close it with task manager. This is so frustrating cause it messes up my workflow and I basically just cant work even tho I have deadlines and clients to provide my work with.

I've been digging on the internet for so long now and cant find any solution the only solution I found is to turn of CUDA GPU Acceleration, but who tf would use their CPU instead of their 3080 GPU to edit and render video's... Instead of rendering a video for like 3 min it will take me hours

I got these errors on Premiere Pro 2022 so I updated all my software (Premiere Pro, NVIDIA Geforce Studio Driver) and it still does the same things. Now im planning on resetting my whole pc and getting a fresh windows 11 install. I thought it might be a windows 11 compatibility problem but these errors been happening to people since 2019 and according to NVIDIA it should be compatible with all creative cloud programs. But before I reset my pc I wanted to call for some help on here because I also read that some people still having these errors after resetting and even building a new pc ;-;

the only thing i've been doing different these last weeks is using in camera proxies from the sony a7siii and maybe a new preset pack i used but not any new software installed or anything

I hope someone can help me, cause im losing my mind. I lowkey starting to consider switch to davinci or FCPX. which I dont want because I will have to slowly learn a new workflow without my presets and packs i have for Premiere Pro...

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

UPDATE: I've been editing for a few days now with my premiere pro proxies and the problem is completely gone the in-camera proxies were definitely the problem, everything works smooth again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the media to a local drive instead of trying to edit from Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not really working from dropbox everything is set to offline so everything is local, i worked this way for a very long time so i dont think that will be the problem. also tried putting the whole project and all the media in a dedicated drive and the problem still persist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I've been editing for a few days now with my premiere pro proxies and the problem is completely gone the in-camera proxies were definitely the problem, everything works smooth again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines