• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Substitution error and more recently audio not playing or encoding out from the timeline

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere since 2001.  With the 2022 versions, I have had problems with the Frame Substitution error and more recently audio not playing or encoding out from the timeline.  I have gone back to 2021 but seriously considering other editing software. Adobe no longer addresses bugs in a timely manner. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe no longer addresses bugs in a timely maner."

In past versions, I've had times where I had to wait 4-6 months for a patch to come out so I could use the newest version on my system with my hardware/media. And actually, they had more long-term bugs then than now.

I watch the public beta releases, and they routinely have notices there of fixed bugs ... so they are getting things out. Not everything nearly as fast as we'd like, nope.

How we each 'feel' it's doing is based largely on our own experience, and if you're the one with a bug, well ... it's a biggy. Even if 90% of the user base is not having the issue. Been there done that. It's irritating, yep.

It's maddening to me as a user that the performance we are all getting at this time varies so much. Most are working fine, but the issues that are popping up are so often .... just weird. In that trying to figure out what kit/media/effects use triggers them is near impossible 'here'.

It used to be a lot easier to troubleshoot 'here' ... you're having X problem, and with Y media on Z kit. Well ... do this, bingo bango bongo, thank you you're rolling. Not now.

My 24-core Ryzen 3960X w 128GB of RAM and a 2080Ti is screaming, best performance I've ever had really. Using mostly BRAW, but some mov, some H.264, some Red/Sony/Panny files.

But another user with nearly identical kit posted about getting hammered by like three different things. I can't repro any of them ... the same media works perfectly here.

What ... The ... Hay!

And the same thing is happening with a number of the Resolve users, vastly different results on similar rigs. I think maybe it's the "be all things for all hardware all media all workflows" goal ... as since Resolve went down that route also, they've had more issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution I found to both my "frame substitution error" and the disappearing audio was to install CC2021 ver 15. I have been working in that version problem free. You can download it from the Adobe site and have both the current and older version on your system.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines