• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Student Access to Software?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lecturer who is friends with an adobe employee and has personal experience of this himself, told the class if we contact adobe they will grant us free software license until the end of our courses.

This would be particularly helpful for myself, as I have a video module which I would like to learn premier pro for, however at the moment I am renewing free trials of final cut (because it lasts longer). Can anybody help me obtain a student access license?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

If it is free, it will be paid for by the school, and you need to contact the person at your school who is the administrator for the Adobe accounts.

Otherwise, there is only the Student and Teacher discount:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is free, it will be paid for by the school, and you need to contact the person at your school who is the administrator for the Adobe accounts.

Otherwise, there is only the Student and Teacher discount:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply,

I've contacted the school, they do not provide it for our download. This Is supposedly a scheme which adobe provide as its "not in their interest for students to learn on other free software" as theyd be "losing future customers". Im not sure the validity of this or if its an outdated thing as a few different lecturers have told me a similar thing and one recalled that he had it free direct from adobe during his studies. I've seen the student discount but I still havent got the money for that at the moment 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the question. Peru Bob is correct. The software is typically provided by the school who have purchased an educational license so that they can distribute the software to students and teachers. There is no "free" licensing for students or teachers. Sorry about that. I am not sure where the other teachers get that info, but it is not correct. Nice idea, though. Feel free to place your idea for free educational licenses here. Sorry about that. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines