• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeze loading project - Waves V12 Plug Ins, Premiere Pro 14.7.0, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere loads up to the home screen just fine. When I load a project with Waves R-Compressor on a couple of tracks Premiere Pro freezes at about 75% of the load. I think it has something to do with dvaaudiofilterscan and Catalina's Privacy and Security settings.

Premiere will load a project without the Waves plug ins used on any tracks, but still with Waves plug ins activated in the Premire Pro Audio Plug In Manager.

Also, if I remove the Waves plug ins from the "Audio Plug-In manager" in Premiere Pro Preferences before loading the project with Waves plug ins, it will load with the Waves plug ins indicated as "Offline (filter...)"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro (with "keep settings"). I've tried adding a few things from Waves to the Mac Preferences/Security & Privacy/Accessibility list. So far, no luck.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a definitive solution but others have had past issues with dvaaudiofilterscan in MacOS Mojave and Sierra.

Search 'dvaaudiofilterscan' using the search tool at the top of this forum and see if any of the previous conversations reveal anything useful to your situation ... also I'd start with clearing your caches, and then importing your existing project into a new Premiere Pro project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, Waves has solved the issue in the newest version of their software.

I've had the same problem for weeks and it was so anoying.
I just updated Waves Central and all Plugins today and it's working now. I can open projects without Premiere hanging at 75%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Just chiming in here. Running 15.4.1. on a windows machine. I run a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface. 
I've experienced this problem over and over again. I'm not sure if the problem lies in a particular Waves plugin(s) or not. Waves are specific on their website that some of their plugins are not confirmed compatible with newer versions of Premiere (yet?). I'm starting to believe that could be a blanket Waves issue. 
I've tested a few plugins on footage to see if I could "break" my session file. It seems like the larger the session file, the more prone to error it will be. But a few things seem to smarten it up. 
1) Shut down Premiere, go to Waves Central, head to settings, and perform the "repair" function.
2) While that's happening, open Premiere, clear your cache. Then head to preferences and double check your plugins in the Audio ---> Audio Plug-in Manager. I had a pile of UAD plugins still installed that I don't use that were still active. Might not be rooted to the problem, but cutting the fat seemed like a fine idea. 
3) Now try to boot up the problematic session file. If it still doesn't open, restart Premiere, build new session file, import "corrupt" session file into the new one. Select all of the clips that have the Waves plugins on them, and perform the mass "remove attibutes" function to only the audio plugins. Save and close your session file. Restart Premiere. Now try to open the new session file. 

Good luck. 
Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is certainly amiss here.  I too am on Windows 10 running PP 15.4  and using Waves plug-ins.   At some point while working on a project with Waves plug-ins the project ceases to open, it hangs around 75% after showing the Waves logo while opening the project.    I have been in touch with Waves Support... of course they are pointing the finger at Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only work around that I have found to always work is to create a new project, then drag the project that wont open into the new / empty project.   After it comes you can open the sequences again. 

*****THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL AND ANNOYING THING THAT HAPPENS IS APPLYING PLUGINS, EXPORTING A MASTER, THEN UPON QC'ING REALIZING THAT OH WAIT AN ENTIRE EFFECT IS NOT PROCESSING****

I had this happen just the other day, mixed till it was good to go, export to post for approval and - wait I cant hear the talent!  Go back and check and the effect wasn't even being used in the export.   

****ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS QC YOUR STUFF BEFORE POSTING****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines