• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresh Install -> No keyboard shortcuts

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere Pro 2022 from Creative Cloud and none of the keyboard shortcuts are working. No Ctrl - Z, no spacebar play/pause, no Ctrl - C/V, which is suuuuper annoying.

I checked the preferences and they're all gone! How is this possible on a new install? How do I get the default shortcuts back?

Screenshot 2022-03-01 102954.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer OS are you using? Could it be a permissions error? Try resetting your preferences by quitting Premiere Pro and then hold the Alt/Option Key are restart Premiere Pro. Keep holding the key until you get a dialog box. Also what happens if you try to change the Keyboard Layout Preset to something different? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now 3 months later I needed to use Pr again and run into the exact same Issue. It's a fresh intstallation and not a single keyboard shortcut is working.

1. I use windows 10
2. Since when does an application need special premissions for keyboard shortcuts?? Even figma within a browser works flawless without any premissions.
3. Resetting preferences done, -> No Effect.
4. Changing Keyboard Layout Presets -> No Effect, they're all empty. See screenshot.

I also tried this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-hotkeys-not-working/td-p/120394...
wihtout success.

I'm losing money here because the tools that I paid for are not working correctly. I'm very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-hotkeys-not-working/td-p/120394...
once again and it worked.

The stock shortcut profiles don't work though unless I copy them to 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\22.0\Profile-{Username}\Win' AND change its name.

2 hours of my life wasted thanks to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this bug.

By @Dimirti2228157372hc

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines