• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frozen screen on playback

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to playback a timeline and the video is frozen but the audio plays.  It's not a big file with very small source material.  Earlier was having problems where if I select an image in the timeline the whole screen oversizes on the screen. Which now is the least of my problems.  I have a brand new 13 inch Mac 16 GB memory with  495 GBs left on hardrive.  I'm at a loss.  I appreciate the help in advance. 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us your source properties including codec, pixel dimensions and frame rate and your sequence settings.  Do the clips play in the source monitor?  Try switching your renderer in project settings and see if that makes a difference.   

Which version of premiere are you using?   And do you have a second monitor attached?  If so, try disconnecting it...

You might also try running the intel version of Premiere (under Rosetta).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are mp4 - AAC and H.264.  I don't know the FPS - this files is 1280 x 720 2 mins long.  I'm using PP 22.6.  I do have 2 monitors but makes no difference if disconnected.  I don't know where to find render in project.  But what's happening now is when I select the project nothing happens.  Third or 4th try and then it opens.  I do believe I am on the Intel version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now no play button is showing up!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

file menu:  project settings:  general:  renderer.   There are probably 2 options there, software and metal (I think).  You're probably set to metal. (I think) ..  try changing it...    If you have an m-1 mac, you're using the version that's optimized for M chips...  not rosetta...    I sometimes work at a client's on an m-1 mac and had some serious issues that were somewhat better when working in the intel version.  Can't remember how to switch, but do some searching here and googling and post back if you can't figure it out and hopefully someone who knows will speak up..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines