• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full resolution causes video to be quarter-sized

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! In my Adobe Premiere Pro project, there is a pre-existing video in good quality that I use repeatedly throughout (part of the point is that I'm tinkering with it in post). The problem is that when I attempt to play the project in full resolution, this particular video shrinks to a quarter of the screen, and the remainder of the screen is filled with blurry edges. This is also a problem when I attempt to export it - all the material involving this video looks similar and it looks bad, especially since the effects added work as intended for a video that fits the screen. Here is an example of what I mean:

aaa.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, but it didn't work. I have version 22.0 for whatever that's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the source footage settings (frame rate, frame size, CODEC, bit depth)?

What are the Sequence settings?

Premiere Pro Sequence settings for 3840-by-2160 Red Camera WorkflowPremiere Pro Sequence settings for 3840-by-2160 Red Camera Workflow

Have you tried conforming your footage to settings that are good for editing both on the source footage side and the Sequence settings side?  For example, 3840-by-2160p23.976 ProRes LT source footage being edited in a 3840-by-2160p23.976 ProRes LT Sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source footage settings-

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 4.38 GB
Image Size: 1712 x 1088
Frame Rate: 23.98
Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 02:25:15:06
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Color Space: Rec. 709
Color Space Override: Off
Input LUT: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0
Variable Frame Rate Detected

Settings for the sequence as a whole:

aaa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would transcode the 1712-by-1088p23.98 MPEG clip to 1712-by-1088p23.98 ProRes LT.   A 02:25:15:06 movie will require about 105Gb to 110GB of storage space.

In the Project tab, replace the MPEG source with the ProRes source.

Change the Sequence Settings to Custom QuickTime ProRes 422 LT.

You could export a short segment of your MPEG clip as test first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should note that I am definitely not using all 2+ hours of the original source: I imported it as a separate sequence, chopped off everything except the approximately ten minutes that I wanted to play with, plugged it as needed into the main project's sequence (said project is about half an hour), and that's what I'm almost entirely using. Does this affect your recommendations at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines