• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen playback lag

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues of whenever I try to play back my timeline in fullscreen it begins to lag/stutter. Its not the usual lag that you get when a computer is struggling to keep up with the video. It almost looks like interlaced footage breaking up even though it's standard 1080p at 25p.

When playing back in the program monitor there is no issues at all. I have also tried adjusting the playback resolution but that makes no difference.

When playing it back on a second monitor full screen there is no issues whatsoever.

I've only recently had this problem since updating to Premiere Pro CC 2018. Before that it had no problems.

I wondering if it's some sort of settings that have automatically changed themself since the update?

My computer shouldn't be the issue as it has an i7 4510u processor, 4GB Nvidia graphics card and 16GB RAM.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ThomasS,

Have you tried working with proxies? Highly compressed LongGOP video can have a hard time playing back with certain machines. If using proxies doesn't help your playback issue, please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply.

I tried using proxies and still no look. It just doesn't make sense because it only does it in full screen. Plays back smoothly in the normal timeline view.

I have since updated to the latest version but still the problem persists.

Please advise on what you think I can do next?

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Did you have any luck fixing your problem? I have something similar. The playback will lag on my main monitor if i full screen it, but only if I setup system resolution higher than 1080p.

Thanks

Gab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gab,

Unfortunately still no. Despite several updates to Premiere Pro it still does it.

I've had a new monitor recently too and occasionally that does the same. Other times it's fine.

It makes no sense. I don't want to uninstall premiere as I don't want to lose all my presents and workspaces etc.

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it helped disabling focus assist in windows 10. Turned everything Off. Especially the option "When I'm playing a game".

screen.jpg

For some reason my Radeon Fury X sees Premiere Pro as a game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly!! This helped, no more stuttering in full screen preview! This must be a windows issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

Are you proxies H.264? If so, try an intraframe codec like ProRes, Cineform, or DNxHD/HR. Does it work better now?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?  I have the exact same thing happening to me.  Playback is perfectly fine in the monitor except when I try to playback in full screen where it gets choppy, kind of like an interlaced choppiness.  I can send out through the enable transmit to a second monitor in full screen without any issues, so I have been using that as a work around.  But if I am editing on a single screen, full screen playback is really not an option.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have lagging problems with full screen playback on a rendered sequence in Apple ProRes 422. Even with my external GPU it just doesn't play smoothly. Any idea why?

Specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
Processor: 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB
Display: BENQ PV3200
Cache Disk: Sabrent 1TB USB-C
Working drive: Sabrent 2TB Thunderbolt 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running verion 14.8.0 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, feel like ive never. EVER had permiere playing back smoothly. 

Unfortunately the answer is that it is terrible software. It makes my life as a professional editor miserable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac users should use Final Cut Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK grandad...
I reckon as long as Adobe will not support Radeon GPU or Apple support Nvidia's, this will keep on happening right?

That is defo NOT worth £50 a month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is such a joke, we could cut Apple ProRes 422 HD footage smoothly and lightening fast in software 10 years ago.. But for some reason Premiere has to suck all my machines will power to work and it still stutters. 

It really irks me that this software is being pushed onto consumers as if it is some how professional but it really isn't. I still use Avid where I can but often finding client's projects are being started in premiere because it's 'easy' to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I was an avid user mainly as well and moved to Premiere because of clients and production companies migrating to it.

It's frustration station!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines