Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen playbak defaults to wrong monitor

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’m running the latest version of Premiere on my Windows workstation with three 4K 27-inch monitors (2 Dells, 1 Samsung). The way I edit is I have my source window & media libraries on the left display, timeline & program monitor/effects control in the middle, and usually have full screen playback on the right screen. As of late, whenever I try to set full screen playback to the right monitor, it automatically switches to the left monitor. This happens every time even when checking different boxes for playback. I've cleared all preferences and enabled Mercury transmit. Don't know what else to try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

There is an acknowledged bug in the current release that can do this. There will be a fix "dropped" at some point but we never know when until it shows as available for download.

Yea, I've had fun with this also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an acknowledged bug in the current release that can do this. There will be a fix "dropped" at some point but we never know when until it shows as available for download.

Yea, I've had fun with this also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, Neil. Now my mind can rest knowing it’s not my hardware (hopefully)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... it's a bit of a royal pain though, ain't it?

AfterEffects can have similar problems. For me in Ae ... I've got three monitors. It can do Transmit to my main UI monitor ... um, no! ... it can do it to my 24" 1920x1080 side-monitor, or ... it will do it to BOTH the 27" UHD monitor and the 24" 1920x1080.

It will not send to only the UHD.

Very eager to get the fix for that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is any movement with this? Currently I'm having a similar problem and I cannot disable the playback (when I open up the preference and un-check the box next to the monitor - I does not disable the full screen playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they release the patch, we'll all know. Until then, there's never a date or time set.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there hasn't been any movement yet in regards to an update.. However I may have a workaround for your issue not being able to disable the playback box.. What worked for me is I went to the default "Editing" workspace, as opposed to my custom dual-screen workspace, and was able to disable it from there. May not work for you, but did for me. You could also just reset your preferences by holding alt and clicking on the Premiere Pro icon when launching the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have a newer version of Premiere Pro (13.1.3) available for download. Please let us know if it's working properly in the newer version.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Elements 2021 and it *still* has this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Premiere Elements, you're posting in the wrong forum. This is for Premiere Pro.

Two very diffferent apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get this issue in 2021 Premiere on my Macbook using an extenral monitor on occsion. I guess this was never really fixed 2 years later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro, or Premiere Elements?

If you're talking PrPro, this is something related to local installation. And rather rare. Typically fixed by the normal weird issues process of resetting workspaces, deleting all cache files and restarting, trashing preferences, or uninstalling/reinstalling.

And is also apparently common as an issue for a specific project that has some corrupted bit in it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back again because it's happening again today across multiple projects, even with reset workspace and cleared cache. I'll have to try a fresh install I guess when I get the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Premiere Pro*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines