• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen preview with 3 monitors?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently added a third monitor and would like to use it as my preview monitor, the other two monitors being used for timeline, and bin. When i had two monitors, all I had to do was either assign the playback monitor in the project settings, or manually enter a full screen preview when my panel is on the desired screen... Ever since adding a third monitor, this has all stopped working. 

When i have panels open on all three monitors, the full screen preview only covers about 1/4th of my screen (1080p monitor). This doesn't happen, however, if all of my premiere panels are on one screen. Simply put, I can use 2 monitors and have a full screen preview. If I'm using all 3 monitors to spread out my panels, full screen preview doesn't work on ANY of my monitors and I get a partial preview.

This is extremely frustrating, as full screen preview seems like an extremely basic feature that a video editor (ESPECIALLY A PAID ONE) should have figured out. Multiple monitor full screen preview is extremely, extremely basic in a video editor and if this can't support a full screen preview with 3 monitors it's pretty hard to call this a professional editing program.

I should add:

- I've subbed out the 3rd monitor with several other monitors, the same result applies.

- I've subbed out the other monitors as well, in the event that maybe one of them was causing the issue.

- I've reinstalled graphics drivers

- I've considered changing editors

Hoping that I'm just missing something stupid...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in another thread, I have four monitors in use. And no problem whatever in getting a full-screen output.

A main monitor with the 'home' menu screen on an Ultrawide, 2560x1080. The transmit out option always goes to my UHD monitor. A third, 1920x1080, has a panel 'grooup' on it in my custom workspaces where I have the Production/Project/Bins/Source panels. The fourth monitor is small, and I use it to drag 'floating' panels if I need one.

Never an issue. So not sure what the problem is. Do you have the Premiere main window dragged across multiple monitors?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I suggest to set scale to 100 % for all monitors in display settings and see if it fix your problem - "preview only covers about 1/4th of my screen".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with video playback to a dedicated display.  It's usually very straightforward.

What do you see in the operating system display settings for multiple displays and for the display information of each display?
Windows11 > System > Display > Multiple DisplaysWindows11 > System > Display > Multiple Displays

How does that compare to what you see in Premiere Pro when you go to Preferences > Playback and view the Video Device List?

Premiere Pro > Preferences > Playback > Mercury Playback Video Devices ListPremiere Pro > Preferences > Playback > Mercury Playback Video Devices List

Display settings and/or display drivers are the most likely cause of this kind of issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines