• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating List of Assets used in Project

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we dip into our massive library of licensed assets (music, images, etc.) on each project, we need to re-license all assets that are used. Is there a way in PR to generate a list of assets utilized? I have the metadata turned on to include info about Video Usage and Audio Usage, but as I've got all my library assets in bins, it seems I have to manually open every bin in the Project Manager that might have a utilized asset in a bin/sub-bin. There has GOT to be a faster way to see what's been used in a final version of a sequence without having to offload all unused assets (as I go back and dip in, since we work in productions), or go and open 50-100 bins that may or may not contain a used assset. Or, God forbid, return to the dark ages of going to the sequence and manually clicking and searching every single asset in the sequence. 

If there is not such functionality, there certainly should be. I'd even be happy with way to specify that the metadata in Project Manager should show some indication that a sub-bin includes audio/video usage without having to open every layer of sub-bin. For my purposes, I don't care how many times an asset has been used. I just need a list of those assets so I can go back to the licensing site and re-license them all. it's a HUGE time drain, but worth it to be sure content creators get paid. But I do hope Adobe has seen fit to helping streamline at least SOME of this process.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option:

Create a new blank project, open this at the same time as your main project. Drag your final sequence into the blank project and it will copy all the assets used into the new project.

This assumes you are not using a 'Productions' workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for us, we fell for the Adobe hype on using Productions to streamline everything. What a nightmare. It's like Adobe punishes us for using Productions by taking very useful features away - like the one you described. I still can't begin to understand in this day and age of content creation, media libraries for an ongoing production and licensing/copright issues that Adobe hasn't figured out that content creators NEED a quick and efficient way to get the list of assets actually used on any given project. But thank you for your answer! I'll have to figure a workaround to make your suggestion work in the Productions world.

And if Adobe reads this message: how about helping us content creators to spend MORE time on the actual content creation and LESS time mucking about with the hoops Adobe software is forcing us to jump through. Don't even get me STARTED on the nightmare of an ongoing Production created in 2021 versions now that 2021 PR/AU/AE crash nonstop, and the inability for 2022 PR/AE/AU versions to have any clue how to actually open and continue work on the 2021 versions. Why are you killing our productivity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Productions is for the most part an awesome workflow, vastly improved over standalone projects. You can have all your b-roll, sound files, tempated sequences, everything available to all projects quickly and easily.

The projects don't get laggy and bogged down nearly as easily.

But ... tracking used assets, as you've noted, is a ROYAL pain in the tushy!

Yea, that needs fixing. The workarounds listed here do tend to get around it, but I think this is something they do need to build a tool for.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use "Final Cut Pro XML" export :

• File > Export > Final Cut Pro XML

You will be able to find all the clips imported in your project (used and unused) inside the XML, you can open the XML inside a text editor (notepad++ for instance) of on a web page directly.

How do you propose formatting the XML?

Opening in a text editor and Chrome both simply show the document tree? I've never really delved into it, but do you not need some some of style sheet in order to format the contents into something more legible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't rely on the Project Manager for collecting all assets! It only works skin deep!

Meaning that it WILL collect and copy the dynamically linked AEP files, but never the assets that were used inside those. If you have an AEP with an animated logo, the embedded asset (e.g. PSD, AI/EPS) will not be copied over. The result is that the logo animation will show an offline element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines