Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Generating List of Assets used in Project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we dip into our massive library of licensed assets (music, images, etc.) on each project, we need to re-license all assets that are used. Is there a way in PR to generate a list of assets utilized? I have the metadata turned on to include info about Video Usage and Audio Usage, but as I've got all my library assets in bins, it seems I have to manually open every bin in the Project Manager that might have a utilized asset in a bin/sub-bin. There has GOT to be a faster way to see what's been used in a final version of a sequence without having to offload all unused assets (as I go back and dip in, since we work in productions), or go and open 50-100 bins that may or may not contain a used assset. Or, God forbid, return to the dark ages of going to the sequence and manually clicking and searching every single asset in the sequence. 

If there is not such functionality, there certainly should be. I'd even be happy with way to specify that the metadata in Project Manager should show some indication that a sub-bin includes audio/video usage without having to open every layer of sub-bin. For my purposes, I don't care how many times an asset has been used. I just need a list of those assets so I can go back to the licensing site and re-license them all. it's a HUGE time drain, but worth it to be sure content creators get paid. But I do hope Adobe has seen fit to helping streamline at least SOME of this process.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One option:

Create a new blank project, open this at the same time as your main project. Drag your final sequence into the blank project and it will copy all the assets used into the new project.

This assumes you are not using a 'Productions' workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines