Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy video in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day all.

I am totally new tho this platform, so please excuse my lack of knowledge in some areas.

I am not a professional but would highly appreaciate your imput.

I am trying to create a video on premiere pro more so for personal use but potentialy loading up to youtube one day.

My source footage is taken either by a cellphone camera set to 16:9 with 30mpf or a Sony camera with a VGA setting which is suitable for web upload.

My laptop that I am using is a Acer Aspire 5 with Intel Core i5. I bought it a month ago. As far as I can see my laptop has a Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce MX350. Which to me could all be french.

My source footage seems to be fine without any problem. But the moment I drag it to the timeline it starts glitching and I dont know what is wrong. 

I have cleared the cache. I have updated my Windows and Adobe software. According to my laptop my graphics drivers are up to date. I have even tried installing an older version of Adobe premier Pro...but no change. Obviuosly restarted my computer through out all themany changes.

Please see attached a screengrab of what I am experiencing.

The glitch seems to be only on the video and not on any other photo layer

Sometimes it is small, and sometimes it goes over the whole screen. Always the same colour

Please help

Kind regards

EsmarieVideo glitch 2.jpgVideo glitch.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

The NVIDIA GeForce MX350 only has Game Ready drivers available.

Premiere Pro has known issues with the NVIDIA Game Ready drivers and works best with NVIDIA Studio drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know if glitchy footage format is HEVC? because HEVC footage (iPhone footage) causes Premiere Pro to drop frames and put those glitches into the footage even though the raw footage is fine. 

All you need to do is take all iPhone footage (HEVC) into Adobe Media Encoder and export the file format to H.264 and preset to "Match Source - High Bitrate". The new .mp4 H.264 file should remove/avoid any glitches and solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you so much for writing back. 

First of all, it is not iPhone footage. We mainly used Huawei Pro 20. 

But, for the sake of it, I tried putting this through Media Encoder as well...and it actually made it worse.

Another person told me to try to change the editing mode in sequence setting to DSLR and then export it as Quicktime instead of H.264 after nesting everything, and that seemed to be the best so far, but still not glitch free. Just less glitch

The raw footage through the Encoder now shows the glitch very visible in the Output preview in the Encoding window.

I still seem to be stuck. Any other ideas?

Thank you again so much for your input so far! So much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, it is not iPhone footage. We mainly used Huawei Pro 20.

By @Esmarie5E82

Cellphone footage means variable frame rate. Premiere Pro want constant frame rate.

Use the free Shutter Encoder to conform ther footage to it´s supposed frame rate. For example, if your footage is supposed to be 29,97 fps a cellphone often comes out as let´s say 29,9548 fps and that´s the issue. In this example, conform the footage to 29.97 fps. (see below)

Green glitches is also an indication that the graphics drivers need an update.

Averdahl_0-1634557732926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NVIDIA GeForce MX350 only has Game Ready drivers available.

Premiere Pro has known issues with the NVIDIA Game Ready drivers and works best with NVIDIA Studio drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this advice.

I have spoken to the store where I bought the laptop and they are willing to do an exchange for me and have given me two options.

Could I ask your advice on which one would be better?

• Dell G3 15.6" Gaming Notebook, Intel i7 Processor (6 Core), 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TH HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650TI with 4GB GDDR6 (SKU 191671)

• Dell G5 15.6" Gaming Notebook, AMD Ryzen 7-4800H Processor (8 Core), 16Gb RAM, 512GB SSD, Radeon RX 5600M Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first option has a small SSD and a second HDD.  If the second drive were SSD, it would probably be OK.

The second option has AMD graphics which I am not familiar with, but some have been having issues with AMD graphics.

@RjL190365 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for everybody's input. I changed out laptops with a better graphic card and that sorted the probem immediately.

Graphic card was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines