• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

global fx mute button bug after update

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it seems i never learn and trusted the fact Adobe would only make a release after it was thouroghly tested. But alas! as usual, the premium product we have to pay considerable money for each month is once again not fit for purpose.

Premiere version - Problem happens since update to v 23.0 (not sure of previous version, but any project i was working on saves with a new name in a format for new version)

Computer used - Macbook pro - M1 Pro chip 2021

So, the problem - I'm not entirely sure at this point if it is soley related to projects imported from the last version of PP or if this happens to all projects, strangely the problem seems intermittent and a few shutdowns of the program and reopening can sometimes make it go away for a bit....

The global fx mute button (which i tend to use a lot during editing to keep things smooth) seems to reverse itself, so when it is activated, FX works, but when you deactivate it the FX are all muted -

Sometimes when you press it and it works, then go to turn effects back on and lumetri effects continue to be disabled even though most other effects work.

This is quite a problem, I submitted a video to a client yesterday, and it was my fault being in a rush, i didnt check the exported video before submitting it, as it was only one very minor change. But it had exported seemingly with the global fx mute activated. (yes i know i should have checked the video first, but ultimately this shouldnt have occured, and thats what im most bothered about).

PLEASE Adobe, fix this problem, and please either let me purchase an old working version of PP outright, or ensure the software works correctly before charging regular monthly fees for a substandard service. The issues, glitches and crashes that premiere encounters on a regular basis really are unacceptable for a premium product/service. I love using PP when it works as it should, i just HATE the fact its so buggy - i'd understand if it was open source, designed by college kids, but not from a huge company like Adobe

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences unfortunatley is not the fix, still happens! (plus it would be a bit poor if we were expected to reset preferences every time we update the software, many of the preferences have taken a long time to adapt and get right for individual workflow - no doubt it will take some time for me to realise all preferences that are now reset )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... this is a pain, for certain.

But I can't replicate on my PC, it's working exactly as expected. Wonder what the issue is with your setup?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea1 it really is frustraiting, and it feels like something happens every time there is an update - im fairly sure at this point, it seems to be just projects that have been saved from the previous version of PP - so shouldnt be a big deal moving forward on new projects, but I often have to go back to old projects to make changes and re-render so its with those projects it is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always make sure the "remove previous versions" option is NOT checked when I add a new version of any Adobe app. It's actually one of the things I do appreciate about their system as compared to say Resolve ... I can have all versions installed and usable.

On my current desktop I have back through the 2019 versions of Ae, Pr, Au, and Me. On my secondary computer I've got back through 2014. Including Speedgrade ...

So that gives two possibilities when needing to do further work on an old project.

• Do the work in the original Premeire version.
  • Create a new project file in the new version, then from that project file, in MediaBrowser, select the previous project and Import/Ingest the contents into the new project file.

The first of course nearly always works as expected ... and sadly means you can't use newer features that might be of use or need.

The second at times works better for migrating old projects forward, and is worth a shot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion - to be honest id never even noticed the "remove previous version" option, but will be sure to make sure its not selected next time - I dont really like the idea of having to clutter my system with multiple versions of the same program however, in this instance it would certainly have saved some headache and would at the very least give me a chance to test the new version before commiting to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The actual program files aren't that big a space. As long as you don't allow it to put cache files, project files & such in there also.

And yes, you get to use them with older projects which at times is a very good thing.

And yes, you can test a new major version before jumping in to use it for client work ... a very good thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines