• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go to next/previous marker bug correlation with "show duplicate frame markers" commnand

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a markers heavy user and I really don't understand why when you turn on "timeline display settings/ show duplicate frame markers"  the command "go to next marker" stop working (Premiere goes to the next edit and not next marker) I always like to turn on the "show duplicate frame markers" to avoid duplicate footage in the timeline and I think it's really annoying and doesn't make any sense. It's boring to turn on and off this function every time you need to navigate markers. Is there any solution to this question? Any configuration I can change? Or it's just a simple Premiere programing fail that attracts users back to Avid and Final Cut?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine here in version 12.1.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I'm using Mac, OS High Sierra,  Premiere 12.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be the difference.  It does seem there are always more niggling issues with the Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows when you turn on the "timeline display settings/ show duplicate frame markers"  the command "go to next marker" don't go to the next edit instead the next marker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next Edit and Next Marker both work properly, with Duplicate on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. Adobe should give more attention to Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you hate Apple and I understand your point.

But strategically Adobe should give more attention to Apple users, in Brazil almost every production company works with Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My condolences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has annoyingly returned in Premiere 23.1.0 (Build 86). It sounds like I work in a similar way to you, Daniel, and it's a real shame that something that had been corrected and working for awhile now (and seems to be fine on the PC side), is broken again. Hopefully someone at Adobe can priortise this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was so happy that this bug had disappeared and i'm so bummed that it's back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started noticing this again too. Premiere 23.2.0 (build 69) on Mac Ventura 13.2.1, M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very old thread with 3 new responses. See the newer bug report here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/quot-go-to-next-previous-marker-quot-feature-not-wo...

But see and also upvote my update there showing that the problem was only partially fixed in 23.2.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/quot-go-to-next-previous-marker-quot-feature-not-wo...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines