• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Goofy bugs that drive me crazy (list of 23.1 issues)

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The new release of PP loads slower,
  2. I can't get rid of that save to adobe cloud dialog, there used to be a "don't ask again" that extra step kills me when I am uploading an insane ammount of media to the stock agencies.
  3. No matter how many times I turn it off, auto saves disrupts workflow by auto saving when I select and action.. drives me bonkers.
  4. When cutting a clip my frame back and forward buttons disappear, I have to move the playhead for them to appear again,
  5. one thing I would ask is the export information be saved, when going back to edit mode, the metadata disappears.
  6. Find a better option than using SDR conform for iphone footage, and
  7. please fix the monitor when displaying iphone footage, it does not match the exported video.
  8. Please make lens flare and lighning as well as the emmersive catagory filters faster, these items slow my 2021 imac to a stand still, meanwhile in AE these effects are like butter.. I am confused. I know this is a lot, I have 10,000 videos online, a lot on adobe also.
  9. Add a auto keyword function in the metadata dublin core, not sure out complicated that would be, the one I currently use is shutterstock, works perfect but if I had a built in option that would increase efficiency. 
  10. a better noise reduction plugin that won't freeze everything withing 1 mile? Median, VR Denoise are terrible at reduction. Neat is too.

I can go on and on about all the goofy bugs that drive me bonkers but those are the ones I am asking to get fixed.

Thanks

Billy

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Last things first, right? Neat is actually considered nearly the gold standard in noise reduction by most colorists. Resolve has a decent NR tool, but they still buy Neat to use instead. With the right settings, it's very useful ... and does a great job.

It's better doing say 4-5 frames temporal, and of coures ... doing only enough to get better, as with any digital noise correction.

SDR Conform is NOT the tool to be used to work with iPhone HLG files, if you want to work them on an SDR/Rec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last things first, right? Neat is actually considered nearly the gold standard in noise reduction by most colorists. Resolve has a decent NR tool, but they still buy Neat to use instead. With the right settings, it's very useful ... and does a great job.

It's better doing say 4-5 frames temporal, and of coures ... doing only enough to get better, as with any digital noise correction.

SDR Conform is NOT the tool to be used to work with iPhone HLG files, if you want to work them on an SDR/Rec.709 sequence. And as in your experience, will not work through export correctly.

Use the correct process ... in the Project panel/bin, select one or more clips, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage. Set the bottom CM control Override-To option to Rec.709.

Now it will appear correctly within a Rec.709 color space, and will export correctly with standard SDR/Rec.709 presets.

Or ... simply turn off the HLG on the iPhone. HDR is still the Wild Wild West. And most pro colorists have yet to deliver a single paid HDR project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, thanks bro, wow.. I made this short video showing the results and thanking you in the video.

you are the man!!!! This changed the game for me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIIqPnGrqs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as Neat goes, it is ok, it struggles with gopro footage and extends export times far beyond what I am willing to wait for. I try to avoid noise at all costs but it does sneak in often, I have used neat and all other options,none of them work properly for stock footage, Shutterstock will get me on focus because the noise reduction software creates a slight blur. It is a catch 22 so avoiding it is paramount. I usually just darken the image, use masks to darken the bad areas. Neat never gave me good results so I let it go after the trial. i am not saying it does not work, it does ok. I work with a lot of different kinds of footage so avoiding extra steps is critical to my success. Thanks again for your help. you have no idea how much I appreciate you letting me know about rec709. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the credit! Spiffy vid too, directly showing the differences. Such as in the clouds ... SDR Conform clipped, Override-to-Rec.709 didn't nearly as much.

Neat does take a ton of hardware resources to do 'at speed'. I work for/teach pro colorists, most of whom have rigs with over $20,000 on the computer before they get to those spendy Grade 1 Reference monitors.

Running Resolve ... and I see them comparing notes on how many frames per second encodes they get with various settings. Someone with 4-8K RAW/log timelines with 30+ node grades, running Neat, and still getting say 12fps or better ... that's Heavy Metal fer shur.

For most of us, especially on the editing side with more "reasonable" cost computers, yea, noise reduction needs to be part of the time budget. Like ... overnight at  times is best.

Five frames of temporal is best, but wow, that takes processor time! Four is ok, three minimal. But on many rigs, even three frames of temporal will more than double the time.

Getting the precise settings for the media down is key, and my colorist buds apply per-clip settings depending on what that specific clip needs. Or ... when it needs Neat. They'll have a node just for Neat in their "power grade", their preset node tree, that is 'off'. They'll scrub through, turn that on and tweak settings for any clip needing it.

Takes time for setting, and for processing. Well ... not so much if you're still getting 12fps!

I don't know, I might be able to do 12fps with  "lite" 3-temporal Neat applied to 1280x720 ProRes ... sheesh!

But all the movies, streaming you see? Neat is heavily used on that stuff.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Billy,

I edited your post to break out the many bugs you reported here. Thank you! If you want to see these fixed, you need to format and file them so that the product team can understand each one separately (sorry, I'm not on the dev team, and Neil is a volunteer, so we can't address your issues).

The most important thing is to make only one bug report for each thread. If you just lay down a list of bugs, it's like a language they cannot comprehend. One at a time is how they like them. See this post. How do I write a bug report?

If you want to see them addressed, you can make ten separate posts with a report for each. Neil or I cannot do that for you. Sorry for the formalities, but I thought you might like to know the ideal way to file a bug and ensure each gets fixed. Hope that makes sense. If not, take a look at the bugs forum and note that "lists" of bugs are not found there.

Best Wishes,

Kevin

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines