Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro 360 Video Editing Help

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to edit a 360 driving montage in Premiere Pro. I want to guide the viewer on where to look, but retain the ability for viewer to move the camera around (i.e., a 360 video). Basically it is what the GoPro Reframe plugin does, but I want to keep the video as 360 instead of flat POV.

I tried using the VR Projection / Offset effect in Premiere Pro, but the problem is if the viewer moves the camera in the first clip, the second clip will start pan/tilt from the wrong starting point. Is there a way to force recenter a clip? Or does YouTube let the user manually recenter (i.e., similar to double clicking to recenter perspective in Premiere VR Video Display)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Sorry about that. Check out the documentation. I believe that setting keyframes guides where a user should be looking at the cut.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. It does, but if the user also interacts with the camera, the keyframes get messed up.

E.g., I use VR projection to pan 90 degrees to focus on a subject. If the user moves the camera beforehand, the POV will pan 90 degrees from where the user left the camera view, so it would not pan to the aforementioned subject.

Two specific questions then: 1) is there a way to force a view back to a universal starting point before panning, and/or 2) is there a way to keyframe pan/tilt with absolute coordinates instead of relative offsets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi George,

I spoke with an engineer who said to use the VR Rotate Sphere" effect. I was going to suggest the same. Can you try that effect? I hope it works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines