• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro reframe

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise there have been a few posts about this but none seem to answer my problem - rather "annoyingly" (to put it mildly) having downloaded GoPro reframe (https://community.gopro.com/s/article/GoPro-FX-Reframe?language=en_US) I now cannot open pro or encoder.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted my iMac to no avail.  Simple error message says "an error has occurred" and neither app now open.  Any advice welcome please ... cheers R

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Thanks @Jeff Bellune - i found a rogue file (OCFX plugin file) which was causing the apps to crash on start up.  Will defo check out v1.21 as a workaround though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the log file generated ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try version 1.21 of the plugin.

Try clearing your plugin cache and resetting your preferences by holding down Shift+Opt while launching Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Desktop, Launchpad).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jeff Bellune - i found a rogue file (OCFX plugin file) which was causing the apps to crash on start up.  Will defo check out v1.21 as a workaround though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if Jeff's solution works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now I'm staying away from Reframe @Richard van den Boogaard but will let you know if I venture back into the gopro world ... tbh I've been doing some research about GoPro and their support when things go wrong and it isn't the greatest so might stay away from their products.  Espeically 3rd part softwre like Reframe - my experience is it's alwasy best to try and correct within the edit suite using eg. Adobe fixes rather than use 3rd party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines