Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

GPU utilization

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11U9FV5Hf8O5CjRqaQjxxga4-ywU3F1mm/view?usp=sharing

System specs: iMac 5k, 27in, 2020

3.3 GHz 6 core i5

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

Currently I am trying to assemble a sequence and am experiencing terrible playback performance. Timeline is set to 1920 x 1080 and 1/4 resolution. Footage is a mix of all-I .mxf from 2 Canon C70s and relatively low bitrate H.264 from a C100 MKII. Activity monitor shows very low GPU utilization, is there a way to fix this? Perhaps a setting I am overlooking? Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling premiere with no change. All footage is stored locally on the internal SSD. 

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to consider converting to an edit friendly format or use proxies for the H.264 footage.

i frame from canon should not be a problem.

Playback is mostly done on cpu not gpu.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the strange part - playback is smooth with the h.264. It is the .MXF files from the C70 where I am getting lag. Literal seconds between pressing play/pause as shown in the video I linked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines