• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Wipe Transition (not effect) not working correctly with custom gradients?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently am using PP CC 2019 but this has been a problem for over a year. When I use the built in gradient the transition works fine. This is on a Windows 10 Machine.

If, however, I use a custom gradient on a nested clip the transition will hard cut in part of the clip. I've tried my own gradients and also packs such as 'Harry's Grads' to no avail.

I have no idea why this happens, it seems to work fine on a single Text Graphic but with nested clips and .png images it glitches out. This issue does not happen if I use the built in gradient.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ... just drag/drop example images into your reply box window eliminating the need to click & open another tab.

I don't think I'll have time to try and replicate, but ... if you post a bit more detail and include examples in your post, someone else will hopefully have an idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EvanW,

Nesting a clip may change the render order for the effect. That is likely the issue you have going on there. I suggest using transitions only on clips, not sequences.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Doesn't work in no way - neither with nests nor with clips. Just does nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines