We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
With the newest update, I've been having problems with graphic overlays. This is for text layers and pre-rendered AE graphics with alpha. They appear fine when previewing in the timeline in Premiere, but once exported (as .mp4), there is a noticeable color and contrast change on the entire image once the overlay appears on screen. I also tried rendering in .mov with the same result.
What color management settings are you using on those in Ae?
I'll have to look at that again, but I have the same result with just a simple text graphic layer in Premiere. It's the same whether exporting from Premiere or sending it to Media Encoder.
So you create a graphic using the graphics workspace in Premiere, export, and it's different but only when the graphic is on-screen?
I will ask ... have you re-imported the exported clip into Premiere and checked them?
Yes, it looks fine when played from the timeline in Premiere, but has the issue on the exported video. The color quality changes only while the text graphic is up. I did a test and re-imported that video to Premiere and the issue is still there.
Not a common thing, to be mild ... but would sure be infuriating. Trying to think of something to try that may have some effect.
First, if you're running a dedicated GPU card, go to the Project settings dialog and set that for software only, cutting out the card. Try an export and see if there's a change. If so, it's something with the GPU, maybe a driver issue.
Next, go to the Preferences settings, General tab, and see what you are doing for Display Color Management and for Extended dynamic range monitoring. Test changing them.
Thank you for the help! I will have to try adjusting a few settings to see if anything works. It's hard to say because Adobe and NVIDIA both updated within the last couple of weeks. I use Premiere for new YouTube videos every Friday and I've had this problem for the last two uploads. I had to leave out the text graphics just to get the videos published. They weren't absolutely necessary, but still, I use them often to clarify certain topics.
...Adobe and NVIDIA both updated within the last couple of weeks.
Mind you that if you are on Windows the "latest" Nvidia drivers are old compared to if you go directly to Nvidias site. Worth trying: Download Drivers - Nvidia
Is that including the GeForce Experience app? I use that to keep me up to date on the latest drivers (currently version 446.14 released on 5/27)
Yes, GeForce Experience app is always included in Nvidias drivers. 446.14 is the Game drivers and it can be worth to try the Studio Driver, 442.92.
Thank you! I did try those first two options previously and had the same result. For now, I've had to export it as quicktime, then re-import that file, insert it into the sequence and export that as an .mp4. (I'm on a PC so it's easier to have it as an .mp4) At least there's a new update as of today, so maybe that will fix it.
Did you ever find a good fix for this? I'm noticing the same issue now..
For anyone else with issue...after spending 2 hours with tech support who was absolutely no help, I was able to fix mine by trial and error. When exporting, under the video tab and encoding settings - change the PERFORMANCE to "Software Encoding". I have no clue what that actually does, but it fixed this exact issue for me. I had no issues with the 2020 verison, and it wasn't until they upgraded me to the 2021 version that I started having problems.
While waiting on hold for a tech support rep I cannot hear, I figured out this issue with some troubleshooting.
defaultxkuj2cvzlr4g is kind of right.
My first breakthrough was exporting directly from Premiere. I always render with Encoder, habit from batch rendering. I much prefer the speed of the GPU accellerated rendering but for longer videos it always errors out with a generic code. So, in the drop-down menu at the bottom the queue pane, I have the "software only" selection made for the renderer.
But when I went to export from Premiere, a setting I had fogotten about was in my face. In the export settings, there too is a setting where you select hardware/gpu or software only. It's in the "encoding settings" under the video tab.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THEY BOTH MATCH! Once I did that.... BAM! All fixed.