Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green bar on my video

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B82B_0-1626863406712.png

I finished editing, but when I try to extract the video, it comes out like this.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to try is update your graphics driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Would you mind sharing more information?

• What are your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Which device did you use to capture footage?
  • Could you try the video renderer to "Software Only" and see if that helps?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like it's a screen recording which are often variable frame rate.  
use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@??B82B , this is likely the best answer. (Try setting to software only rendering first, as per the other suggestion... much easier to do!)

If you do wind up converting with Handbrake, after you convert your video you'll then need to replace the original clips. I'd recommend setting all of your media offline, and then relink to your new, exported clips. You'll likely have to finesse your edits but it should be reasonably close.

@Michael Grenadier - I've seen and used Handbrake to solve for weird VFR footage issues, but do you happen to know why Premiere/Media Encoder doesn't play well with VFR, while Handbrake does? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea...  with my rapidly diminishing mental capacity, I have to prioritize what I spend my time figuring out.  It does make sense to me, as vfr never had a place in professional editing environments in days gone by...    

When I started following this forum a few years ago, Ann Bens told me in no uncertain terms that handbrake would fix vfr where the solutions I was suggesting would not.  Since then, I've learned to trust Ann's posts...

I did discsover that EditReady will also work and will transcode to prores and combine spanned clips 

https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready

but it ain't free.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the post, I absolutely understand and share that mindset. With so many variables and actual deliverables to worry about, a fix is a fix and I can just take that at face value.

Good reminder about EditReady, its been quite some time since I've thought about that software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines