Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

green flashes when rendering in Premiere CC 2014

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm an in-house cameraman and editor for a financial business in London. I'm using the latest Macbook Pro Retina with 16gb ram, NVidia 750 graphics card. I've been using the same method for editing for past two years but have only just started editing with the very latest 2014 version of Premiere cloud. I'm mixing PM-100 and Sony EX1 footage which i've done many times before. However i've spend hours trying to get rid of green flashes that have started to appear on the renders.

These seem consistent with using the PMW-100 as the EX1 footage seems ok. I can replace the error clips with something else but then the render error moves to another part of the rendering.

These flashes can't be seen in playback within the editor, only after rendering.

I'm trying to work out if its the camera, camera drives, Macbook Pro Retina or Premiere.

Can anyone help shed light on this?

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

I was having the same problem, and couldn't find a fix. It was also screwing up certain effects, particularly warp stabilizer every time I rendered or exported. Finally, I tried changing the renderer from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Open CL) to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, and it worked like a charm. Go to File -> Project Settings -> General and select the renderer from the dropdown menu. Make sure to also change the renderer when you export. Using Adobe Media Encoder, be

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem in 2020 which is ridiculous, this should have been solved in an update a loooooong time ago. Russell0101 has solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact no he hasn't. Same problem with the 'software only' option selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.. has anyone figured this out yet?
Im on a deadline and nothing seems to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't solve it in AE - I ended up editing those frames out in premiere and rendering again. It was the quickest fix and didn't interfere with my final version noticeably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fixes listed here have not helped. My problem arises mostly with stock video I have added in, or a Motions Graphics template, not my own video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue.  I tried switching to CUDA Open CL and Software only and I am still having this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines