• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey Search Bar or Crash the App

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been editing on Premiere Pro for about 6 months and the last few weeks have run into a VERY annoying problem...

Either the search bar is greyed out and I have to search for every clip and drag it into the timeline and everything works fine but it is time consuming, OR the search bar works and when I type something into the search bar, get the clip then drag it into the timeline the color wheel comes up (I am on a Mac) and the application stalls and I need to "Force Quit" it. Then it is back to square one.  I make daily videos so this is really killing me with trying to crank out something in a few hours...

Anybody else run into this before and have a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Freaking continually. As soon as my project starts to get larger, with more footage. i.e. when search functionality would be useful, the bar greys out.

Would love for adobe to stop adding features no one asked for and actually make a functioning product for once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if it is available, the search bar, and you use it does it cause the program to freeze up like it does me?

I even reverted back to an old version and it is still doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh, that's where we differ. If it's not greyed out it works. Well, at least it doesn't crash Premiere. Sometimes it won't find anything. But, usually if it's not greyed out (which seems like it's rarer and rarer these days) it'll work just fine.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is this fix happening anytime soon - it's still super clunky - either crashes the app, color wheels or behaves really glitchy - notice the attachement and how numerous folders are opened even tho the file in question isnt in them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines