Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyed out project files!

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an extremely frustrating time with both Premiere and After Effects. I have been using this software for 8 years and have never come across anything like this. 

Problem: On both Adobe CC 2021 and 2022 I have been having this issue for the past 1-2 months. I can work on a project just fine, but upon saving and closing the program, the next time I want to open it, it is greyed out in finder and I get the following message "BLANK can’t be opened right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash. Try again when the current task is complete."

This never resolves. The task is never complete. The workaround is importing that project into a new project by drag and drop. From there I can work just fine on the project, but as soon as it is saved and closed, it is greyed out again! 

I have lost about two weeks of work from unfortunately trying to transfer one of the projects to a new harddrive, which resulted in it just DISAPPEARING along with all of my auto save files. 

When I transfer a non-greyed out file to a new harddrive, this issue persists across harddrives. 

SPECS:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Editing off of LaCie rugged USB-C drives. 

Thank you for any and all help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Big Sur. Forgot to add that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. Same message. Resetting trash preferences did not fix. Running MacOS Monterey 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines