Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

H.264 Exports are corrupted during last few seconds of the exported clip

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting H.264 clips like I always have with Premiere Pro and Encoder. Both apps seem to export correctly until you play them back and the last 10-5 seconds of each video are a freeze frame and no audio.

This continues to happen with every H.264 file I export. MOV files and all other export types work perfectly.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davis Jackson,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, are you playing the exported media in QuickTime player? If so, have you tried importing the exported media in Premiere Pro & checked if it's playing properly in Premiere? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

Version 15.4

I am playing the media in QuickTime and other players and it is having the same issue. 

I have imported the media back into Premiere Pro and it plays smoothly there. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do your clips come from? Phone? It sounds like it could be a problem with Variable Frame Rate video, there are somewhat consistent issues using that. You can use Shutter Encoder to create a constant frame rate. Use something like ProRes to edit better and not loose quality.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Actually all of the footage I am using is from a Blackmagic 6K Pocket Cam. B-Raw / 23.98.

The issue seems to be consistent every export, corrupting the last 3-5 second of everyone. 

Exports in ProRes 422 LT all play perfectly fine and most of my exports are set to this, but I occasionally need to export for social post. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a setting or solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem. Exporting quicktime prores files and bringing them into Premiere CS6 to encode the mp4. Most clients want mp4 files so this is an extremely obnoxious issue to deal with. It seems to happen randomly too, not all of my mp4 exports will corrupt...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Actually the answer below from @Phillip Harvey seems to have fixed the problem! And it did feel like the quality of the export was a little higher. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give this a try. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. It did not fix my issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction 😞 

It is happening again for me on both Hardware and Software exports. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I've been having the exact same issue with all of my h.264 mp4 exports. Last 5 seconds freeze frames and doesn't properly export the full video. I've even tried exporting a prores file then bringing that into media encoder and making a h.264 mp4 out of that file and I still get the same corrupt result. This has been an issue for me with the lastest 2 versions of premiere. I have to export a prores file, open premiere CS6 and import that prores file and export the mp4 file that way. An exremley annoying workaround for an editor that works in a fast-paced agency.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the Hardware Encoding feature when encoding directly to H264, I would suggest trying the Software Encoding. It's a slower but more reliable render, and I think it looks better too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I never thought of this. It did fix my problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening again for me on both Hardware and Software exports. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export to a drive that is not on your NAS. Like a direct attached storage unit. What happens?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines