• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.264 Exports are corrupted during last few seconds of the exported clip

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting H.264 clips like I always have with Premiere Pro and Encoder. Both apps seem to export correctly until you play them back and the last 10-5 seconds of each video are a freeze frame and no audio.

This continues to happen with every H.264 file I export. MOV files and all other export types work perfectly.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davis Jackson,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Also, are you playing the exported media in QuickTime player? If so, have you tried importing the exported media in Premiere Pro & checked if it's playing properly in Premiere? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

Version 15.4

I am playing the media in QuickTime and other players and it is having the same issue. 

I have imported the media back into Premiere Pro and it plays smoothly there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do your clips come from? Phone? It sounds like it could be a problem with Variable Frame Rate video, there are somewhat consistent issues using that. You can use Shutter Encoder to create a constant frame rate. Use something like ProRes to edit better and not loose quality.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Actually all of the footage I am using is from a Blackmagic 6K Pocket Cam. B-Raw / 23.98.

The issue seems to be consistent every export, corrupting the last 3-5 second of everyone. 

Exports in ProRes 422 LT all play perfectly fine and most of my exports are set to this, but I occasionally need to export for social post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a setting or solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem. Exporting quicktime prores files and bringing them into Premiere CS6 to encode the mp4. Most clients want mp4 files so this is an extremely obnoxious issue to deal with. It seems to happen randomly too, not all of my mp4 exports will corrupt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Actually the answer below from @Phillip Harvey seems to have fixed the problem! And it did feel like the quality of the export was a little higher. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give this a try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. It did not fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction 😞 

It is happening again for me on both Hardware and Software exports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I've been having the exact same issue with all of my h.264 mp4 exports. Last 5 seconds freeze frames and doesn't properly export the full video. I've even tried exporting a prores file then bringing that into media encoder and making a h.264 mp4 out of that file and I still get the same corrupt result. This has been an issue for me with the lastest 2 versions of premiere. I have to export a prores file, open premiere CS6 and import that prores file and export the mp4 file that way. An exremley annoying workaround for an editor that works in a fast-paced agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the Hardware Encoding feature when encoding directly to H264, I would suggest trying the Software Encoding. It's a slower but more reliable render, and I think it looks better too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I never thought of this. It did fix my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening again for me on both Hardware and Software exports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to a drive that is not on your NAS. Like a direct attached storage unit. What happens?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been having this same problem for the last few months. Various Macs and Adobe versions. Just now realized that h.264 setting was the problem. so far 100% no errors using QuickTime.

I had heard of the software Encoding trick, but that is only hit or miss at fixing the problem. 

Super annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Are there any news about this Issue? - I am fighting with this problem now for the last half a year and i am sick of it .... are there any new settings that effect this freeze in the last 3-5 seconds?

Kind Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Florian!
Are you trying to export from a NAS? If so, try a direct-attached storage unit. If that is the case, what happens? Does the same thing happen if you export with a different codec? Let us know so we can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting to and from a QNAP server, if I export from QNAP server directly to desktop the glitch doesn't happen. This only happens on .mp4 h.264s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually its quite weird how this bug works. Based on all you awnsers I found yesterday a way that solved it for me (for the moment). I mostly work over a NAS. This error happens always when I export in H.264 directly on the NAS (Hardware and Software) .... Several times I tried it with hardware on the local drive of my Mac, sadly with the same outcome ... Somehow I never tried it with software on the local drive. Finally it works for me.

software + local drive = no freeze (but longer export)

THANKS TO EVERYONE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @florianl233539

Can you please try the latest beta build once for local exports issues with Hardware? We have done some export improvements in the latest beta builds. You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please try and let us know how it goes in the beta build. If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage/Project file & export settings. We will check it at our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mayjain!

Thanks for the idea with the Beta app. 

I tried it and so far it worked with Hardware + Local export. That problem is now also solved for me.

Nevertheless the Hardware/Software + NAS still gives this issue now not in the last 3-5 seconds but already after 7-10 second from the start of the clip (e.g. my clip is 30sec long). =(

No worries, I hope somehow this will be fixed somewhere in the future because it gives some extra steps after export 😃

Furthermore I could have a sneak peak into the new Premiere-export "window". I know I am a small voice here but I understand that you guys from Adobe strive to do new things, BUT the new window is in my opinion really annoying. It takes to much space so your Eye-Mouse movements (27"+ Display) are enormous and it costs some concentration to get there where you want to be / want to achive.

I know new changes are taking a little while to get used to them ... 😃

This new approach is for sure coming from a "maybe in the future" more drastical (than now) unified desktop and mobile UI User Experience.

The old window/menu was not handy at all lots of scrolling BUT it is was compact and you didn't have to move a lot with the cursor ... it gave you still the option that you could see your project in the background which helped me several times so that I saw a little mistake before I start exporting ... there are more things I could think of but yeah I am one out of millions that most likey think different than me 😃

Thank you again for helping me with this issue

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @florianl233539 ,

Thanks for the update regarding the export issue. Glad to know that it's working for you at least in local drive in the latest beta build.

We strive for providing the best experience to our users throughout the product. Every user's voice is equally important to us. You can have a look at this beta post https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-new-export-workflow/td-p/121306... regarding the new Export UI where many users have shared their feedback and highlighted the improvement areas, and add your comment there too.  This post will give you further insights on this re-design of export UI. 

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Mayjain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines