Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H264 playback issues iOS 16

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ive been having issues with H.264 videos not being supported on mobile since the iOS 16 update. I think ive narrowed down the issue to being the encoding settings on PP 2022, it defaults to Profile: Main + Level: 6 where as other exports done in PP 2019 which works default to Profile: Main + Level: 5. However my issue comes to when I change the settings in PP 2022 to Level 5 it downsizes the apsect ratio of the 1920 x 2624 of what I need to export and I can seem to change it back or make it export the size i need. As a work around I switched to H.265 which seems to work across mobile devices but being a newer codec I know its not as widely supported on older browsers/ desktop so concerned it fixes one issue but may cause other play back issues elsewhere . 

Im not sure if this issue has arised from a PP + iOS update but any insight or help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

Dom

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?