• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

h265 Drone footage export failing - freeze frames

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some major render issues with h265 drone footage in the middle of project

Issue: One specific clip on timeline freezing but graphic overlay rendering fine over it. Footage had rendered fine until halfway through the project. Now other clips from the same camera are producing the same error. Original clip that is having issues has a speed ramp nested. Other clips later showing the same render issue don't have ramps or graphics over them. Other footage in the same timeline renders out fine. Media encoder cannot render them into any other file

What I've tried: Rewrapping clip to prores mov and h264 with no effects, still exported with error. Tried resetting defaults on premiere by renaming Adobe folder, didn't work. Tried making fresh sequence and pulling contents over, didn't work. Tried new project, didn't work. Tried various different export settings but didnt work. Tried rendering out on timeline and using previews in export, didn't work. Tried going direct through encoder to rewrap to h264, didn't work. Have tried exporting direct from prem and sending to encoder.

Software: Premiere 14.0.4 but updated to 14.3.1 today after issues

Computer: 2018 Macbook pro; 2.9 GHz Intel core i9 (6core); 32gb ram; Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB; Mojave 10.14.6

Footage is h265 from mavic 2 pro. 30fps interpreted to 23.98. Footage is in various sequences in different dimentions but even the native dimentions cause issues.

Export settings have been all over the place but have tried various 4k and 1080 h264 exports all producing the same issue.

Please help. Attatched export sample

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me. Eveything worked fine while working on the project and suddenly it started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the original post was about working specifically with drone H.265 clips, I hope that's your issue. If so, that's about the nastiest stuff to edit made.

I would suggest running a batch t-code overnight to Cineform (about the lightest to edit codec) or DNxHD/R or ProRes.

Import the t-codes in replace of the original. After the project is over, dump the t-codes as you can always recreate them at need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually Neil, rather than importing, I think you can unlink the clips and relink to the newly created files, so you don't lose any work you've done...  or am I wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely correct!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made all my footage offline, then re-linked everything and that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this as well, relocated my media and it seems to work fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines