• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H265

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to produce my first USB stick delivery instead of dvd. Is H265 now universal for pc players and smart tvs or should I stick to H264?

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would stick to H.264 unless you are absolutely certain your client will be able to play H.265

My big 4K smart tv does not play 265.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's going out to dance school pupils. so any number of different players. I'll stick with H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd leave CABAC off in h.264 encode settings or your TV's processor may not be able to playback fast enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find the CABAC option in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think you can.

Keep bitrate no higher than 30, and it will be ok in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sticks the duplication firm uses are only rated at 19.5 for read so I will go for HD at 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'd have to use another encoder. adobe leaves cabac on by default. if you have a newer TV, it might be fast enough to decode cabac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's Compressor turns on CABAC entropy mode for multi-pass encoding. Perhaps Pr does the same? CABAC is also only available in the Main or High profiles; Baseline is CAVLC only.

Further, hardware encoding often has very limited options; software encoding is the correct choice when you need to start specifying profiles, levels and entropy modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested my theory.

These settings:

2022-06-21_14-49-38.png

 resulted in this MediaInfo report:

2022-06-21_14-51-51.png

NB: It wasn't until I selected the Baseline profile that CABAC was turned off. Hardware/software encoding, VBR/CBR, 1-pass or 2-pass, none of those made any difference.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines