• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware acceleration unavailable - Intel UHD 610 with QuickSync enabled (Pentium Gold G5400)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HP Desktop Pro G2 with 8GB of DDR4 memory and Intel Pentium Gold 5400 Processor, running Premiere Pro on an SSD drive.

Illustrator, Photoshop (2022 both) recognize and fully utilize my integrated graphic card

On the other hand, no version of Premiere Pro or Media encoder have been able to support hardware acceleration, OpenCL is greyed out in Project settings as well as Accelerated Media Playback.

GPUSniffer from Premiere Pro (2018,2020,2022) reports insufficient compute unit count.

What I have tried :

- Uninstalling all display drivers with DDU and reinstalling manufacturer ones

- Updated Itel graphics with the latest on Intel website

- Updated all drivers through Windows update

- Used Cleaner tool to wipe every Adobe file and reinstall the apps

- Run as administrator, Reboots

- Used benchmarking tools and other video conversion softwares to confirm that Quicksync is functional, so is OpenCl.

I have the impression my CPU, though Quick sync capable just can't be used by Premiere Pro or Media Encoder, it is rather surprising so I have turned to the community seeking for advice.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Premniere Pro requires a much, much more powerful GPU just to even enable GPU acceleration at all. You're "permanently" stuck with software-only rendering, I'm afraid, seeing as you have not just integrated graphics, but an extremely feeble integrated graphics at that. Your IGP has only 12 execution units - but Premiere Pro now requires 20 or more execution units in the IGP just to even enable MPE OpenCL GPU acceleration at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this answer, I will probably need to upgrade my machine to i3 or i5, i7 and i9 for better Support. Again I appreciate this answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a valuable information, I wish Adobe Premiere Pro tweaks their recommended hardware list.

What's is surprising is, I installed DaVinci Resolve 18 and OpenCl works flawlessly, GPU is used for playback of footage.

Is it logical that video converters or the latest version of a heavy editing app like DaVinci works on my low profile GPU, but not older versions of Premiere Pro ? (I tried 2017-2022 versions)

By working, I mean, using Hardware acceleration on Intel UHD 610 graphics

Obviously, it'll be more rewarding I learn to use DaVinci on my low end system.

I learnt a lot, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a valuable information, I wish Adobe Premiere Pro tweaks their recommended hardware list.

What's is surprising is, I installed DaVinci Resolve 18 and OpenCl works flawlessly, GPU is used for playback of footage.

Is it logical that video converters or the latest version of a heavy editing app like DaVinci works on my low profile GPU, but not older versions of Premiere Pro ? (I tried 2017-2022 versions)

By working, I mean, using Hardware acceleration on Intel UHD 610 graphics

Obviously, it'll be more rewarding I learn to use DaVinci on my low end system.

I learnt a lot, thank you.

By @youms

You do not want to edit video at all on that weakling machine. You see, it has only a dual-core CPU of the Coffee Lake (aka 8th-Gen) architecture, whose IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance is relatively low compared to that of newer-gen CPUs. As such, it will perform much worse than even a nine-year-old (4th-Gen) quad-core CPU with its integrated graphics.

And that deficiency is reflected in the "Supported GPUs" list. The UHD Graphics 610 cannot enable GPU acceleration at all in Premiere Pro, while the UHD Graphics 620 and 630 can. Unfortunately, the type of integrated graphics is permanently tied to the choice of CPU.

With that in mind, had you been even able to run the PugetBench for Premiere Pro using the Standard preset, you will end up with an overall score of well below 100 - in fact, closer to 10 to 20. That's way, way underpowered for any sort of video editing whatsoever, especially when considering that even a cheap laptop with a quad-core CPU and modern Intel Iris Xe graphics routinely scores between 200 and 300 on that same test.

And DaVinci Resolve will run, albeit very poorly, with your system. It absolutely requires a (relatively) high-end monster GPU in order to run properly, while also requiring a decently powerful CPU. I would not be surprised that exporting in DaVinci Resolve with that system takes well over one hour just to export a 3-minute 1080p HD video, versus less than two minutes with a more powerful PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is different. My weak system supports OpenCl and editing Full HD using Davinci resolve works superb by default, no proxies or any nerd configurations required.

My export times are reasonable, similar to my Intel i5 7th Gen and Intel i7 6th Gen laptops that have dedicated GPUs which I made sure to disable for comparison.

Indeed my timeline is basic, cuts between different scenes.

Playback and Export works well on latest versions of several video converters and luckily for me Davinci Resolve.

Premiere Pro is unusable.

Yes I understand my system is weak, but my desire is to cut scenes on the weak system and do heavy effects on my beefy system (having 4GB of VRAM).

Latest Davinci supports Hardware accelerationon my weak system, no version of Premiere Pro does. In my case, Davinci is the way forth.

The screenshots shows render time which is pleasingly low.

Intel UHD 610 is Quicksync capable, with the right apps we can take advantage of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, youms,

Thanks for your info. Sorry that Premiere Pro isn't working out for you. If the computer is not meeting system requirements in some areas, then your experience may vary from others. Your experience can vary between NLE software, as well. If you are looking to pass along your critique to the developers, who are not found in this user-to-user forum, you can comment here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Have a nice weekend,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines