Hardware encoding only works when I lower sequence...
Hardware encoding only works when I lower sequence quality/frame rate
Jul 27, 2021Jul 27, 2021
Copy link to clipboard
For some reason, I've been struggling to render my newest video and I always got the message that hardware encoding wasn't supported for the current settings. I finally realized the only difference between the new video and the previous ones I've been able to render before and after trying to render the new one, is that this new video's sequence is 5000x5000 and 60 fps, while the others are 30 fps and a much lower resolution than 5000.
Why is it that this is the reason I can't render using hardware encoding? Once I changed the sequence to 30 fps and 2000x2000, now hardware encoding can be selected. How is resolution fps changing whether or not I can render with hardware encoding, and what is the maximum quality I can render with hardware encoding?
Also, software encoding does not work at all for me and I get the out of memory error no matter what I do, and I've already looked for fixes to no avail. At least hardware encoding works when I can select it.
I did a test and the FPS isn't a part of the issue, I can hardware render at 2000x2000 with 60 fps as well... but I've also discovered that I can't actualy render. It gives a new error now after getting stuck at 0% with no ETA, and it says error compiling video, could not render frame or something like that. My other videos still can render... I don't understand why this one can't, just like the others it's just an image with audio on it...
You must be talking about an H.264/265 export process. I believe there are limitations as to what is possible, allowed within the specs of the standards for that codec. And it may well be a combination of fps/framesize that is the issue.
Yes, I'm exporting with H.265, and I wish there could be some way to actually render at the full quality of the image. Also now I actually rendered with hardware encoding after closing premiere pro and opening it again. This time I used previews so it might've made a difference but the previews are 1080x1080 so I don't know if that makes the final video 1080 as well. Either way, at least it got exported at all, although it did get frozen at 0 again but after 15 minutes or so it completed.