• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware encoding option disabled

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the English speaking person. So please be patient if I'm being rude in words(I don't mean it)

1. I read almost all of the discussions about this problem.

2. I tried almost all of the solutions raised on so many communities and blogs.

summary

1. sometimes I can use hardware encoding option when I'm exporting.

2. but strangely sometimes I just can not choose hardware encoding option(only pop up that message "your system blah blah"

3. here's the thing

(1) I enjoyed hardware encoding

(2) some project can export with hardware encoding

(3) but other projects can not export with hardware encoding

I know all about CUDA, quicksync blah blah, 1 pass or 2pass, update driver, anything.

I tried all.

just can not solve the problem.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plus, my pcs spec is

1) 5600x + 3060 ti + 32 GB + 1TB ssd + 8TB HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware encoding does not support 2 pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you mention about 2 pass...? I didn't say anything about 2 pass encoding in my post. I don't understand why you are saying 2pass. Actually I already and always know about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is correct, there is no capability for 2-pass hardware encoding in any program I know of. So if it's a 2-pass encode, there is never a hardware option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro's hardware encoding and decoding does not suport all the variations of H.264/265. Adobe has stated Premiere Pro will support more variations for H.264/265 in future releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. but strangely sometimes I just can not choose hardware encoding option(only pop up that message "your system blah blah"

By @다영과민호

What does the dialog says other than "your system blah blah"? The answer may be there if you read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to use the 'scientific method' and write down the control on paper ( including project specs so you know your progress to specific results ).

Once you have control mapped on paper ( source, sequence or project specs, export specs etc. ) change ONE variable and change it to see if your results for hardware encoding ( or color or audio or whatever happens to be a problem ) is different.

doesn't matter if your control is positive ( in your case encoding works as you want ) or negative.

Just use your head and keep it simple and short with your experiment so you don't waste time on long clips and exports.

basically you want to eleminate as many variables as possible from the start, and then change things to get the results you want.

nobody else can do that for you.

: )

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks 'scientists' salvo34. That helps me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. In addition to the suggestions given by the experts above, you may also want to take a look at this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MINH,

Sorry for the frustration. Check out this post, it may be informative for you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/h-264-h-265-formats-that-use-hardware-decodi...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines