• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: The File Cannot Be Opened Because of a Header Error

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to import your image(s) to Premiere Pro? Does “The File Cannot Be Opened Because of a Header Error” pop up? Adobe Expert, Jens Trimmer, created an article and video containing fixes for the issue. Check these out.

Here's Jens' updated troubleshooting guide if you run into the error:

https://videowithjens.com/premiere-pro-the-file-cannot-be-opened-because-of-a-header-error/

Jens also made a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpyTbWZWJ8

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but I didn't understand your solution. How can I see it in the preview if I cannot import the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select file>Go to(menu)>Open with>Preview default>.. Save>Go to menu(File)>Export. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced this issue in latest Adobe Premiere CC 2020. Man!! It has been so many years since people have been facing this trouble and Adobe hasn't fixed it!!

I always use the old school solution. I open the photo in ms paint and save it. Voila! Error gone. 

This issue is specifically faced whenever I import an image sent by someone on Whatsapp. The image open flawlessly in free software like mspaint and picasa photo viewer. Surprisingly, a commercial software like Adobe Premiere gives header error. I don't understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If anyone still experiences this error, kindly upload a sample file I can send along and can file a bug with.

Thanks,
Keivn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an image that I downloaded from Whatsapp. It gives header error.

IMG-20190517-WA0005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try taking screenshots and then importing it..:) that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple solution

Open in your picture app. then crop a little and save again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even more simple fix esp. for PC... just open it with Paint and the save as BMP file to the desired location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened the file in Windows photos and screenshotted then cropped it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For resolving this issue for large number of photos in a folder:

If you have Picasa installed on your PC,

1. Right click your folder in Picasa-> Select all Pictures

2. File->Export Picture to Folder

Try importing your photos from the export folder now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an updated troubleshooting guide if you run into the error:

https://videowithjens.com/premiere-pro-the-file-cannot-be-opened-because-of-a-header-error/

I've also made a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpyTbWZWJ8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @Jens Trimmer ! This is a huge help. I've created a FAQ from your post. I hope that's OK! 🙂

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great! Glad it was helpful 😊

Cheers,

Jens Trimmer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the solution is the same but problem is litttle different ME render shows Warning!!! and dose not render that image 

But why is this an issue. I have 1000+ images it is difficult to open and save in Paint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am about to print on the latest feature I am editing and I cannot get this 5.1 wav file into Premiere! I get a dialogue that says "This file cannot be opened because of a header error."

I have referred to this article already to no avail - Header Error when importing Wav files

Please advise.

Thanks

Specs:

Yosemite 10.10.5

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

2 x 3.48 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB

128 Gigs of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can't put it on this forum. That being said, the stereo mix comes in fine. Perhaps there was a problem with the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not checked the 2018 update(because I am still in 2015) but, it seems that Premiere cannot accept 5.1(even though it has a 5.1 audio channel option) files from Pro Tools and that you will need to do a multi-track multiple mono workflow explained here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error message trying to import a .JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm experiencing is that Premiere CS6 will not import my Wav audio files. When I try to import them it gives the following message and fails to import the file:

"The file cannot be opened because of a header error".

The original audio file, which opened happily in FCP 7 (I'm migrating the project to Premiere from a previous Final Cut Pro project) is in the following format (as described in the Movie Inspector of QuickTime Player):

Linear PCM

16 bit little-endian signed integer

2 channels

48000 Hz

Although the files won't open in Premiere, they will open in Adobe Audition, which gives their bit depth as 32 (it also describes the original format as "16 bit little-endian" - I confess that this technical side of sound files is unclear to me).

Any suggestions of how I can coax Premiere into importing and opening these files?

Thanks, Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps some of the suggestions in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4713932#4713932 will be helpful?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening in Audition, resave them out.  This should correct any header errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this did it: I simply opened may Wav files in Audition and saved them as Wave PCMs, and Premiere is happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import an .srt subtitle file into a large feature film Premiere Pro project and I'm getting an error message saying "The file cannot be be opened because of a header error".

Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

Below are the first few lines from the .srt file in case there's an obvious formatting issue:

00:00:01,360 --> 00:00:03,080

You happy boss?

00:00:05,920 --> 00:00:10,440

Ok, so I think we're good to go, and we're just going to do a quick soundcheck.

00:00:11,120 --> 00:00:13,240

Tell us about this village cinema.

00:00:14,080 --> 00:00:15,720

Oh aye, yeah the cinema is going to be great.

00:00:16,000 --> 00:00:20,319

Yeah, going to do it my way though, yeah, confiscate mobile phones on entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines