• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

***HELP*** Brightness/timeline issue??? Parts of timeline randomly BRIGHTEN

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive just finished a 7 minute long video. ive exported it multiple times throughout the making of this project. no issues. i finish the video today adn go to export it for a final time. after doing so, i realize that on 2 seperate spots on the timeline, the footage get ridiculously exposed. there was never an issue before. i truly can not wrap my head around the issue and cant find any help online. 

ive attached photos to look at side by side. take a look at the timestamp as well. 

IM BEGGING FOR HELP

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Users with newly-brightened/de-sat images probably should check out the new FAQ on the added color management changes in 2022 that are probably the reason you're getting this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Let's begin with restarting premiere and if you already did...please do these steps :

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok great. done and done. probelm still persists 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any automatic adjustments or effects applied on those clips?

Can you post a screenshot of the spots on the timeline and also the Effects Control Panel?

attach.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont see any keyframes or any effects other than an adjustment layer that ive used to color grade

normal.PNGnot normal.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try changing to file project settings, general software only renderer and disable media hardware acceleration in prefs. Also, trying applying the coloring directly to the clip as the adjustment layer may have a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive tried both to no prevail sadly. still cant seem to shake this issue

if i go to export, i typically export to the Youtube 1080p preset. but it shows the issue. if i render it to 4k or choose "maxium Depth" or "Maximum Render quality" it goes back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effects are applied to the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the attached images below.

this is now happening on other projects of mine as well.

notice the timestamps Before and After pictures, the effects tab as well.

im at a loss. i do not know what to do

Timeline BRIGHT.PNGAFTER.PNGbefore.PNGEFFECT.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An effect is applied as the Fx icon shows purple.

Please show the top part of the timeline and effect controls of clip and adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the attached images below.

this is now happening on other projects of mine as well.

notice the timestamps Before and After pictures, the effects tab as well.

im at a loss. i do not know what to do

AFTER.PNGbefore.PNGEFFECT.PNGTimeline BRIGHT.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you ever find a solution to this issue? I literally have the same issue. I have NO effects or adjustment layers on my footage and its made extra brighter - i then opened past projects to see what would happen. Now these projects have gotten brigther (they weren't this bright when i originally finished them) 

I use windows and the footage in premiere pro > source looks normal but as soon as i place a clip on to the timeline it gets a lot brighter. It still stays that bright if I export it too. All my settings are the same as they've always been. It seems to its a fricking adobe bug as my premiere pro updated by itself today ..... geeeeeeezus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check project bin clip interpret and sequence color management settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users with newly-brightened/de-sat images probably should check out the new FAQ on the added color management changes in 2022 that are probably the reason you're getting this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-10-29 111607.png

 Interpret the color space and the color problem will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU SO MUCH @Connor5EB5 @R Neil Haugen & @Baffy19 ..

I just came back to this post after a week and still had not found the fix but you guys solved it for me !!!! thankyou haha <333333333.. Saved my life lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enjoy ✌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Thank you Thank you! This just happenned to me when I updated Premiere and could not figure out how to fix. I thoguht my footage was corrupt or something thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines