• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Can't drag audio

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, with no warning, Premiere Pro has modified the behavior when I drag clips from the media browser into the timeline. They only drag the video portion, with no audio tracks. The clip shows a white box around the "drag video only" icon and I'm unable to select the "drag audio only" icon, though it does show the audio track if double clicking. Trying to drag the audio doesn't work at all. I'm using a 2020 MacBook Pro with Premiere Pro 15.1.0

I'm working on a time-critical project and this is really giving me a headache. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

The most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor. Then drag/insert into timeline.

1204619_source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've identified that this happens with all my mp4 files. Video files created on my iPhone as native .mov files do drag both the video and audio tracks to the timeline, but none of my mp4 files will do that. If I convert an mp4 to mov, it behaves like an mp4 and doesn't drag the audio. This is driving me nuts! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor. Then drag/insert into timeline.

1204619_source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After seeing your reply I noticed that v3 video track had v1 highlighted (far left column) instead of v3 (to right of lock icon). Weird but that solved the issue. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been editing professional for almost 6 years now, and never once ran into this problem. You saved my life. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the following things in an effort to fix it, but nothing works:

- Restarting the MacBook Pro

- Deleting the Premiere Pro plist preference file

- Updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps

- Re-installing Premiere Pro

- Opening and saving mp4 files as .mov files. The files have audio tracks but those tracks won't drag into Premiere Pro timeline.

I opened iMovie and dragged the same files into the timeline there. They all drag properly with both video and audio tracks. The issue is specifically tied to Premiere Pro. The mp4 clips play audio in Premiere Pro when viewing the imported clip. But the audio tracks don't drag into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines