Help! Exporting 6k video to 4k! Major issues

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

Would really appreciate some help here, as at my wit's end.

I have had some footage shot on a 6k camera (R3D Dragon). I am putting it on a timeline in Prem Pro - sequence settings 3840 x 2160 (4k) - and exporting it out as 4k video. Looks absolutely beautiful when I play it back on my laptop. However when I upload to YouTube, the 2160p and 1440p options play back wonderfully. The 1080p option and all below that, however, look atrocious. Like there has been such a breakdown in quality. Can't for the life of me figure it out. I have tried: the YouTube 4k Preset; the H.264 Preset with custom settings (bitrates ranging between 40mbps and 120mbps); a 1080p export (using both 4k and 1080p versions of the footage, with sequence settings set to 1920 x 1080). I have even tried a small clip of ProRes. Uploaded countless tests of different specifications to YouTube - same result every time. Would like to point out that I am on a Silicone chip Macbook Pro.  And I don't have the most updated version of Prem Pro. Please anyone help!

Michelle x

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give YT some time for uploading correctly.

I can take some time before everything is encoded.

Post a link to your channel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann, okay will do

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines