• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Just bought a Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128 Gb and Premiere is slow.

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the Mac for a week, and I see no signs of improvement. I doubt the Mac itself is the problem and am guessing that I must have a wrong setting. I previously had a Mac mini M1 16 Gb which performed better

So here is the problem: Whenever I try to click between sections of Premiere, it takes a few second to actually happen. If I right click to see a menu, same thing. I have noticed that it sometimes works great, but the minute I import something, it seems to slow down.

I do not understand as I have used Premiere on a lot of machines and it has always worked great.

I don't know which settings I can post here, as I do not know what would cause this delay. Any help is appreciated 🙂

I am editing from a Crucial X8 SSD

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't even keep up with 4K ProRes video editing. Testers were disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor frame rate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Mac Studio user posted in another thread about unexpected lag while using Premiere Pro.  

The user reported that deleting the Premiere Pro preferences resolved the issue.

Also, what file format are you editing?  It's ProRes, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines