• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP PLEASE - Premiere is importing my 60 fps RED Camera Footage at 24 fps once imported in premiere

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing RED Camera footage the right way, through the media browser, to create proxy files. Some footage is 60 FPS and when its imported it shows as 24 FPS on premiere pro, how come its not showing it as 60 FPS? Thank you for the support. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it shot in-cam as overcranked 24fps? I know on my BMPCC4K we can set a project speed, and a "high framerate" speed which is intended to be slowed down in use. A slo-mo setting, essentially.

So ... what's the properties show for that clip?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

Thank you for the support. Some of the footage was shot on 60 FPS. I think what premiere does, is that it imports everything at 24 FPS, since most of the footage was shot in 24 FPS, and then I did notice the ultra slow motion footage being accurate and ultra fast motion as well, accurate. My issue was that I can't really tell when its 60 FPS, and when I check the properties on premiere, it shows 24 FPS and not 60 FPS. I also panicked because it automatically imported everything to 24 FPS, I couldn't choose the frame rate. Any advice on this? Thank you. 

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a constant pain for my colorist friends. When conforming a job, what the hay are the correct FPS numbers for these 5,236 clips?

Yea. Sometimes you just got to ask.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines