• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! PP Selected CBR Export Value Changed During Rendering in 12.1.2

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While exporting an H.264 format, 16GB, 4K, 3840x2160, 60fps, 100mbps video compilation (shot in H.264 on a Phantom 4 Pro at 100mbps at 60fps in 3840x2160), a Constant Bit Rate of 100 mbps is specified, with maximum render quality and maximum depth, Key Frame Distance of 12, High profile, Unrestricted level, resulting in an estimated output file size of 16.5 GB. That's what I want, and have been getting every time, up until I upgraded to 12.1.2 from 12.1.1.

Now, the estimated output file size for the same CBR of 100 mbps remains 16.5 GB, but the actual render is only 5.3 GB in size with a CBR of only 35 mbps, which looks like crap!

Changing the CBR to 35 mbps results in the correct output file size of the 5.3GB that is actually being rendered.

How do I get my full 100 mbps CBR and a full 16.5GB file size?

Obviously, 12.1.2 is buggily restricting the output CBR to 35 Mbps, but still using the selected 100 Mbps for calculating the estimated file size.

I tried using the maximum CBR of 240 Mbps as an experiment in the hopes of getting at least 80 Mbps (1/3 the selected value) and the resulting CBR was 47 Mbps and still looks like crap.

Downgrading to 12.1.1 resulted in 12.1.1 now acting the same way as 12.1.2, even though 12.1.1 was working perfectly before the upgrade to 12.1.2!

So, I upgraded back to 12.1.2. and still have the same problem.

On another 12.1.1 install, which has NEVER been upgraded to 12.1.2., my exports are all still properly at a CBR of 100 mbps with a 16.5GB file size upon export, using the exact same original files, so there is nothing wrong with the imported video files.

I need a CBR of 100 Mbps in the output file using 12.1.2. to create a 16.5GB file size.

How do I get it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hi Phillip,

I have sent you a DM.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. First time I've seen a post like this. I only use real old version of PPro so someone else will chime in on what new stuff should be set at, maybe.

I haven't looked into the profile stuff, and assume yours is set correctly. And all your other settings are same as when it used to work.

If you take a small section of your timeline (wab adjusted to small sample so you don't waste time) and use VBR and set min at 100 and max at 100, what happens ?? Probably waste of time to try but might be interesting to see result ?  Meantime, I'm sure someone else will see this post and comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested h264 export using full HD on laptop, and don't bother testing VBR with target 100 max 100.

with CBR 100 , using high, 5.1, got estimate of 117mb file size. How it can guess what pixels get thrown out (depending on motion of frames) is beyond me.

end result was bitrate about 50 and 58mb file size.

I'm on old program and can't mess around with this cause it won't matter to you with new versions.

good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been ... something like two posts on a similar issue over the last few months.

I can't replicate. My exports come out at the stated size.

I would suggest possibly using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to uninstall and remove that PrPro version, rebooting, then downloading/installing again. Now, the use of the Cleaner Tool is a bit confusing, it's an old DOS style box. The instructions say remove the app first, DO NOT ... in my extensive use of this tool, you get best service doing both uninstall and removal processing if you use the tool to remove the app.

Something in your installation is screwy.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

I have sent you a DM.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you solve this problem? I have the same problem with 15.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines