• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Premiere Pro will no longer open.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am nearing completion of a large multi-video performance video for a virtual Musical Theatre presentation.  I have one more video and a polished audio track to add and then I am ready to render my video.  I have put hundreds of hours into this video and it needs to be ready before Thursday.  Suddenly, Premiere Pro is refusing to open on my laptop.  It gives me the error (0xc0000142). .  Does anyone know what this means and, more importantly, how I can fix this?   I've tried uninstalling and re-installing without success.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

After some desperate research and a few hours of trial and error, the problem has been solved. I had to Uninstall premier pro use a cleaner app, restart, reinstalled but still didn't work so I restarted again, Uninstall creative cloud instead, run the cleaner again, reinstall creative cloud, relog into adobe, reinstall premier pro.  I think it had something to do with the recent creative cloud update.  Relieved to get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but I found a similar error code issue with AME and a suggested solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/0xc0000142-error-on-adobe-media-encoder/m-p/10066...

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some desperate research and a few hours of trial and error, the problem has been solved. I had to Uninstall premier pro use a cleaner app, restart, reinstalled but still didn't work so I restarted again, Uninstall creative cloud instead, run the cleaner again, reinstall creative cloud, relog into adobe, reinstall premier pro.  I think it had something to do with the recent creative cloud update.  Relieved to get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you managed to solve the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines