• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Problems Exporting 4k to YouTube.- Pixelated when viewing. 1080p video+ versions below on YT

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

Would really appreciate some help 

I have footage shot on a 6k camera (R3D Dragon). To edit, I put it on a timeline in Prem Pro - sequence settings 3840 x 2160 (4k) , - and then exporting it out as 4k video. Looks  beautiful when I play it back on my laptop. However when I upload to YouTube,only the 2160p and 1440p options play back well. The 1080p , 720p option and all below, look pixelated, blury .

Can't for the life of me figure it out. I tried: the YouTube 4k Preset; the H.264 Preset  (bitrates ranging between 40mbps and 120mbps); a 1080p export (using both 4k and 1080p versions of the footage, with sequence settings set to 1920 x 1080). I even tried a clip of ProRes. Uploaded  tests of different specifications to YouTube - same result the 2160p and 1440p options play back wonderfully but, the 1080p option and all below stilllook pixelated, somewhat blury .

So help is it settings, do I need specific , custom export settings rather than use say YouTube presets ,I have to  edited w

Would like to point out that I am on a Silicone chip Macbook Pro.  And I don't have the most updated version of Prem Pro. I am going to updatedvyoday but will using the upgrade serve to confuse more, as getting familiar with new features could  delay my current project. Please anyone help!

(edited post for clarity)

Michelle 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not double post.

Continue and post your clarifications here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/help-exporting-6k-video-to-4k-major-issues/m...

thread closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Ann, my apologies. not intention to annoy or double post, just to correct confusing, erroneous. Subjeftvtitle.  My First post and under duress. Kindly look at the title correction , I wrote 'Expoting 6k to 4k ' which vwas in error, It made not much sense given what I meant to convey, ask.  Felt it confused. There is no option to edit or delete post, not that I can see,,So kindly delete the 1st post, my earliest. 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines