• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help re import settings..... I have really mucked up!

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have made a bit of an error and with a bit of research, it seems all is not lost.  So I imported my 1080 footage into premier but forgot to check the "change sequence settings to match clip" bit.

I didnt really realise what I had done until I had spent  at least 3 hours chopping up footage, then, oops!

My footage is now framed at 4:3 ratio.   I was going to go to "sequence settings" to try and change things  but the menue items in there  are all greyed out.  I cant change the settings it seems. 

The greyed out settings say  720x 576......

Can some kind person give me a hint on whether this is fixable or not?   I really dont want to have to start at the begining ....  it would drive me mad I think but its for a community organisation and I would like to do my bit.

Kind Regards,

Simon. 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

First thing 'save a copy' of your project then duplicate the faulty sequence in the project panel and work on the duplicate. That makes sure you not lose anything if you make a mistake.

To alter the sequence size go to sequence settings and chose 'custom' then change the settings you want.

If none of the footage then fits the new sized sequence, lasso select all the clips in the timeline, right click and chose 'set to frame size, this should make the footage the right size.

custom sequence settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing 'save a copy' of your project then duplicate the faulty sequence in the project panel and work on the duplicate. That makes sure you not lose anything if you make a mistake.

To alter the sequence size go to sequence settings and chose 'custom' then change the settings you want.

If none of the footage then fits the new sized sequence, lasso select all the clips in the timeline, right click and chose 'set to frame size, this should make the footage the right size.

custom sequence settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard,,,,   much appreciated but unfortunatly I am using cs6 and I dont have the facility to do a custom edit.  My 

sequence settings window looks like this and everything is greyed out unfortunatly.   tempsnip.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6 you will have to make a new empty sequence, File-New-Sequence with the correct settings.

cs6 new sequence.png

Then copy and paste the material from the old to the new sequence. If the footage is the wrong size, lasso select all of the clips, right click and chose 'scale to frame size'. (this is the only option to scale in CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard!  Thanks so much.  You are a lifesaver. It worked without any fuss at all.  I was really dreading the thought of repeating all the work I did and listening to 6 people doing endless takes of a piece to camera.

Very much appreciated,

Simon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I'm new and put myself in a corner. I almost punted and started over at the cost of many hours... This saved me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines