• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font and size in the interface

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to change the font and font size across the board in the interface. it is WAY to small for my old eyes
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 119 Replies 119
119 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most software.  I have vision problems, so I am able to enlarge fonts in most of my programs/apps or use my computer's accessibility option.  It's disappointing that Premiere Pro doesn't have this option or allow my computer to "enlarge" it.  This is the first that I have not been able to.  I tried the premiere rush which was a bit easier to see but it's so limited.  I had to use my old software Corel VideoStudio to complete my project.  When this membership runs out, I will probably go back to other programs.  For my usual daily projects where it's repetitive, I don't mind as I just go right to where I need to go in Premiere Pro.  But not for my longer and more creative projects. I don't want to be squinting and trying to read all the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user interface font?

The Legacy title font?

The Motion Graphics font?

Please explain the difference between above fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have too high resolution vs size of your monitor. Once you start scaling, it's just like you paid for a more expensive monitor, and got less for it!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The User Interface font in Premiere is microscopic, and to my knowledge, Adobe hasn't done anything to make it easy to enlarge this. Other than Premiere allowing you to enlarge the overall font size in the Project window, you have to —I'm on a high-res monitor and that makes things even smaller. I've enlarged as much as I can from the monitor side of things, but at a certain point it starts to look funny.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? My eyes are not what they used to be, and this is so off-putting. I'm so frustrated with this long-term refusal of Adobe to make life easier on editors' eyes everywhere. Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a new monitor, for my old / tired eyes I find a 32" 2560x1440 is as large/high res as I can go for the $$. If this 32" was a 4k screen I wouldn't be to see it well enough. A new monitor is in your future! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with MyerPj, but even that has its limits. I just went back to monocular contacts (snorkeling with glasses is just not working!). As a quick way to do a bit of computer work without switching back to glasses, I'm epxerimenting with the "magnifier" (Windows 10).

Keyboard shortcuts make it easy to turn on/off, and you can define the magnification level.

I might play with defining a new workspace that reduces scrolling.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Am running Premier on a new 27 inch monitor.All fine except the text & tools are way to small. On older versions of PP there was a way of changin this in the Preferences menu.

The most pressing is to increase the size of the trool pallette & the weeny drop down menu for selecting other tools. I know you can use a hotkey to scroll between tools, but that's not the point...

Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

You can change the font size of the Project panel, but that's about it and the way it has always been with the UI. I don't recall a way to make the tools larger other than changing screen resolution. Click on the Project Panel's panel menu (the one with 3 lines) to get to that option.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your input about monitors, greatly appreciated. 

Adobe, if you would kindly make it easier on everyone and create a preference that fixes this, editors everywhere would thank you. I don't understand why this doesn't exist already, especially with the advent of 4k monitors. Next up we will likely have monitors that shrink the appearance of the UI even more. This issue will only get more cumbersome as higher-res codecs become the norm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug reports and ideas forums are where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this link, I will have a look and upvote any threads I can find there about the UI font size. I have seen requests about this in the Adobe forums in the past though, and nothing has changed. Unsure if they were in the same forum you linked to, as it's been a while since I was in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dylan,

I apologize this is frustrating for you. The team knows about this request. Unfortunately, the team needs to prioritize new feature requests based on data, and it can take some time to get to even the popular ones. I will mention it to them, though. I'll have to ask for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Kevin, I just voted. Thanks as well for clarifying about the edits. I appreciate knowing that you and the team are on the case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta chime in and say how absurd it is that Adobe makes this easy in Photoshop but so difficult in Premiere! I have a bad back and working on videos utterly destroys it because I have to lean into the screen so much. Like AGONY. Adobe, why do you want me to hurt like this?

Moderator Note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, I Shoot My Dinner Twice. I agree with you and will advocate for this change. Have a good one!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change your display resolution ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to tell us what kind of computer your using.  Somewhat different for mac and windows, but just do some googling to change the display preferences (not in premiere but from the windows or mac system preferences).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but changing the "scaling" or pixel dimensions can cause problems...  so make sure you understand how to reset this back to it's original settings...  On the mac, it's simple to set it up so you can "zoom" the display in the "accessibility" settings using the scroll wheel of your mouse if something's difficult to read.   I imagine this is possible on windows...  Post back if any of this is not clear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need things enlarged in general, than your monitor has too many pixels crammed into the space (monitor size) it has available. Better to buy a smaller resolution monitor of the same physical size you have. As MG notes, problems arise when you start scaling the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I've seen across the board for Adobe software. On a 24" screen (1920x1080) the UI font is tiny. On apps that do have scaling options the large size is either insignificantly larger or jumps scale. A slider or number entry field would be ideal, maybe with a font size preview box below as example of how text will appear. Give users total control by having the option from default (tiny) to HUGE. I have new glasses and still struggle to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're on a mac, you can set up the accessibility control panel in system preferences so you can zoom in using the scroll wheel on your mouse...  I've got mine set to use the control key.  Allows you to zoom into the position of your cursor...  I'm sure there's a way to do this in windows...  or there should be.   Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.36.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply (Michael). There is a magnification feature on Windows also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all. I am busy with learning Ai, I will return back to this issue later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects and encoder also!

Votes

Translate

Translate