Help! UI Font Too Small in 22.4.0

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The User Interface font in Premiere is microscopic, and to my knowledge, Adobe hasn't done anything to make it easy to enlarge this. Other than Premiere allowing you to enlarge the overall font size in the Project window, you have to —I'm on a high-res monitor and that makes things even smaller. I've enlarged as much as I can from the monitor side of things, but at a certain point it starts to look funny.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? My eyes are not what they used to be, and this is so off-putting. I'm so frustrated with this long-term refusal of Adobe to make life easier on editors' eyes everywhere. Thanks in advance. 

Mod note: Please do not discuss the developer tools on the forum. Some text was deleted from your post. Thank you for understanding.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

I don't understand why the forum doesn't allow us to discuss the only known hack that actually works for enlarging the UI font, but there it is. In any event, the original fix I have used for years works after all, I ended up trashing preferences and then was able to get the UI font enlarged. Thanks all for your input about monitors, greatly appreciated. 

Adobe, if you would kindly make it easier on everyone and create a preference that fixes this, editors everywhere would thank you. I don't unde

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a new monitor, for my old / tired eyes I find a 32" 2560x1440 is as large/high res as I can go for the $$. If this 32" was a 4k screen I wouldn't be to see it well enough. A new monitor is in your future! 🙂

Mod note: Text was edited for content issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with MyerPj, but even that has its limits. I just went back to monocular contacts (snorkeling with glasses is just not working!). As a quick way to do a bit of computer work without switching back to glasses, I'm epxerimenting with the "magnifier" (Windows 10).

Keyboard shortcuts make it easy to turn on/off, and you can define the magnification level.

I might play with defining a new workspace that reduces scrolling.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the forum doesn't allow us to discuss the only known hack that actually works for enlarging the UI font, but there it is. In any event, the original fix I have used for years works after all, I ended up trashing preferences and then was able to get the UI font enlarged. Thanks all for your input about monitors, greatly appreciated. 

Adobe, if you would kindly make it easier on everyone and create a preference that fixes this, editors everywhere would thank you. I don't understand why this doesn't exist already, especially with the advent of 4k monitors. Next up we will likely have monitors that shrink the appearance of the UI even more. This issue will only get more cumbersome as higher-res codecs become the norm. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<the only known hack>> 

They support the software and not hacks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they support the software and not the hacks but is it really technically a hack when you're not writing code? Perhaps "hack" was a poor choice of words on my part. I should have said "method," but I can't elaborate more on it as the mods already deleted my earlier reference to it. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They deleted part of my comment telling you it's not supported!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this link, I will have a look and upvote any threads I can find there about the UI font size. I have seen requests about this in the Adobe forums in the past though, and nothing has changed. Unsure if they were in the same forum you linked to, as it's been a while since I was in here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dylan,

Would you mind upvoting this feature request: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34254436-font-and-size-in-t... 

I apologize this is frustrating for you. The team knows about this request. Unfortunately, the team needs to prioritize new feature requests based on data, and it can take some time to get to even the popular ones. I will mention it to them, though. I'll have to ask for your patience in the meantime.

I am sorry that I had to edit your posts. Discussion of making changes to the app using internal tools is prohibited. Sorry, this is a request coming directly from the team.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Kevin, I just voted. Thanks as well for clarifying about the edits. I appreciate knowing that you and the team are on the case!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines