• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with an error I've never seen before: "No Duration To Export"

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ~1 minute sequence with a few captions, sound clips, music and a single adjustment layer with some very light Lumetri effects. When I try to export it, I get an "Error Compiling Movie" error, and the details say "No Duration to Export".  WHen I look at my timeline, there truly is no duration showing, although the last thing I did before trying to export it was trimming some of the clips to get the project time down under 1 minute for IG. All the assets for the project are in the project file I created on my network drive, as is the project itself.  I tried changing the location of the project, but I get the same error.

I pre- rendered the entire project before trying to export. I also tried exporting as Prores 422, and also changed the renderer to "software only", which usually does the trick of I have any export errors, but not this time.

I'm doing this on a Dell XPS 15 laptop, accessing a hard drive on my network. I've done lots of vids this way, so I can't figure out what's causing the error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest exporting the video in small chunks by marking in & out in the timeline and export only the in & out range. Another thing you can try is to copy all the project files into the local system and then try exporting them. You can easily collect all the files from the network drive into the local drive using the Project manager in the premiere pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be dense, but what does exporting in chunks accomplish if it's successful? Then I'd have several video files when what I want is a single 1-minute video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"marking in & out in the timeline"  Somehow you accidentely removed the (most likely) in-mark from your timeline. I did and received the same error. Go to the beginning of your timeline and press I for the In-point, and done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are both valid suggestions for resolving issues with slow export times or crashes during the export process in Adobe Premiere Pro. By exporting in smaller chunks, you can reduce the amount of memory and processing power required to complete the export, which can help prevent crashes and slowdowns. Additionally, by copying the project files to a local system, you can potentially eliminate network latency and connectivity issues that can cause problems with exports. The Project Manager in Premiere Pro can help you quickly and easily collect all of the necessary project files, including footage, audio, and graphics, into a single location for easy backup or transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried:

Another thing you can try is to copy all the project files into the local system and then try exporting them. You can easily collect all the files from the network drive into the local drive using the Project manager in the premiere pro.

as suggested by Vishu_Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere 2023, exporting audio has gone from 30-45 seconds in the previous version to over 7 minutes. I frustratedly canceled the export and started getting this "No Duration To Export" error when I attempted my export again.

Nothing worked to fix it. I tried Media Encoder 2023, and the export failed. I tried exporting the sequence in different formats. All failed in both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 2023.

I tried completely different projects, and the issue didn't occur, so I created a new sequence from a video clip and copied the contents of the problem sequence to the newly created sequence.

The audio was exported in 30-45 seconds, as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out same error as Jefferson mentioned right now.

Based on your suggestions, I crerated new sequence and copied all the timeline sources on it.

Mission complited! Thank you soso much for your suggestion!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the fix was: 

On the export screen, under the preview, there is a dropdown that says "Range".  Mine was set to "Custom".  I switched it to "Entire Source" and it now exports fine.  Hope that helps!

2022-12-07 23_55_57-Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 - E__RacingChannel_SimAssembly_Untitled.prproj _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same error today and this solved it for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error today.... I think I accidently changed the Mark IN and Mark OUT times. 

Try experimenting with the two buttons on the control line that look like this.  You want to make sure that there is a highlighted grey area on the time line that matches what you want to export.  There are a lot of YouTube instructions too.

Lance28154261wv5x_0-1674996504341.png

I just spotted that I'm 16 months late with my advise..... I'm a bit slow... sorry 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines