Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with export settings adhering to Finecast US specs

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been asked to provide Finecast in the US with a specific file but I can't figure out how to get the right settings on export. The settings are below. Pleaae can anyone help guide me as to what format I need to use and then which Video Codec to use? Any help appreciated! Running the 2022 version of premiere

Finecast US Specs.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello nicku,

How are you? I hope you are well. I have discussed your needs with engineering, and they think something is not quite right with these specs as written. Did you get them directly from Finecast? Is it possible to reach out to Finecast to get a sample file of what they are looking for? Then, we can run the file through a free app called Media Info to find more information about it. We believe they are looking for an XDCAM file, which we can export, but we need to double-check the specs. Sorry, we don't have all the answers, but I think we can find out. I hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yes those specs have been sent by Finecast. I have sent them something and currently waiting to hear back. I expect I will and they'll say it's wrong. Do you mind me asking why you think somethings wrong? I will try and get a sample file from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nicku,

Sorry about that. It's not me; the engineers say that not all the specs match known formats. It is very close to our XDCAM presets, though. If you were to send them a test, you might want to try an XDCAM preset that matches their spec as closely as possible. I hope we can help dial in your workflow.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines