• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hikvision 265+ premiere pro

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am going to record a lot of footage (18 days, 9 cameras) at a festival using hickvivion CCTV cameras. It can use H 265, which I know should work in PP but they have there own better codec called H 265+.  Wondering if anyone has any experience of this.  Maybe I just need to record H 265.  Fsr too mutch footage to transcode.

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done any testing with editing H265 in Premiere? While H.265 is technically supported, I've never had a good experience using it. Be prepared for the potentiual need to create proxies to work with your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  I haven't got any of the footage yet.   We can record in H 264 but seems we would need to double the dadatarste.  How long ago were your bad experiences, maybe its better now?

I will do some testing.

Regards,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP cant even import the H.264 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you've said that you have "far too much footage to transcode", I would treat this like a documentary and transcode all the source footage to a CODEC that's meant for editing (H265 is _not_meant for editing).  In this case, I'd use Apple ProRes 422 LT.  Then create a Custom Sequence with the Previews set to QuickTime Apple ProRes 422 LT as well.  In addition to gaining the benefits of using a mezzanine CODEC, you also will take advantage of Smart Rendering in Premiere Pro.

You can also have Premiere Pro do the transcode while you work.

Yes, the file sizes will be larger (1080p ProRes 422 LT comes in at about 700Mb/minute), but that's part of what makes a CODEC good for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually fairly easy, you don't even have to transcode it (as such) but you do need to rewrite the header from MPEG-PS to MPEG-4.  Then PP will import. 

You need to install https://www.ffmpeg.org/ and do the following

ffmpeg -filename.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec copy -acodec copy filename_converted.mp4

You can even delete the original after as it is basically exactly the same video payload with a rewritten header.

This works for Hickvivion IP cameras, if DVR cameras have ethe same problem this should work.

Enjoy;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I want to do - I just don't know how to do it. I did download the FFMEG build, but not sure how to use it with the switch you provided (ffmpeg -filename.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec copy -acodec copy filename_converted.mp4).

I also downloaded the windows version of this for whatever that is worth.... 

Are there any vidoes or instructions on how to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated - 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The syntax was a bit off.

First, this assumes that the filename.mp4 is in the /bin directory. Otherwise, you need to provide the absolute path to the source file.

In terminal or windows command prompt:

ffmpeg -i filename.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec copy -acodec copy filename_converted.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!
I think, I have the same problem as you. 
I am doing a work where I am recording flowers as they die with 4 Hickvision + DVR. 
After I export the .mp4 I can't import them to Premiere Pro, so I normally use Handbreak to transcode the .mp4's. But now I am in a rush and I was wondering if there is any other easier solution. 
Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines