• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLG monitoring is black from Blackmagic Decklink 4K 12G using HDMI

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro v22 (b169)   I am unable to monitor HLG sequences (either HD or UHD) with HLG content thru a Decklink 4K 12G (ver. 12.2.2) .  The monitor "sees" a signal but remains black, reporting UHD HLG with a BT.2020 gamut.  If I toggle the sequence's Working Color Space to Rec709 an image appears and the monitor switches to Rec709 and drops out of HLG.  The same thing happens if I toggle the Decklink's color gamut preferences to Rec709 within Premiere's Preferences/Playback/Video Device settings. So I know the Decklink is sending a signal.

The same UHD HLG content plays back flawlessly thru Blackmagic's Media Express software.

I've run out of things to try, switches to flip. In case you're wondering, I dont have a HDR monitor with SDI inputs so I can't try that.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

Have you tried the LiftGammaGain forum or CreativeCow? Might be someone there with an answer too.

Neil4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't find any info on this particular issue, will follow up with Blackmagic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would download and older version of Desktop Video from Blackmagic Design's website. If that does not work contact Blackmagic Design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to the first Desktop Video drivers that supported HDR and then moved forward with no luck, same black output.  Will reach out to BM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines